having trouble :'(

Started by bazzwazzle, August 20, 2004, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzwazzle

well i bought all the parts and decided to try it on the breadboard. After finishing all i received was a signal but when i played all i got was signal and nothing else. I tried switching the transistor around. Nothing. REarraning the wires to sterio jack. Nothing. All i kepp getting is a signal. Also, does ground just goto the black thing on the breadboard? I was so excited but now I'm lost and it doesn't feel good  :cry: please help me

aron

First off, the beginner project is designed to help you build on perfboard, not a breadboard.

The circuit works. Therefore, you have a wiring problem on the breadboard.

We would need to see a picture of the breadboard in order to guess what is wrong.

petemoore

REarraning the wires to sterio jack. Nothing. All i kepp getting is a signal. Also, does ground just goto the black thing on the breadboard? I was so excited but now I'm lost and it doesn't feel good  please help me.
 I don't have a breadboard, and don't know what a 'black thing' is, also re-arranging...should be 'arranging'...really there are so many variables that hammering them down one by one is the best way to unlock the combination lock.
 FAQ, and links thereof, also printouts from GEO, about Tech of and how to bias, re-aread these pages for further excellent references.
 These reads and others around here helped me to form more concise and complete questions...and answered many more...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

Bazzwazzle Wrote: 'it'

What is it?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.