Tone Query on Exisitng Setup

Started by timrand, August 21, 2004, 01:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timrand

Hey Guys

I have a very basic pedalboard setup but I have been through so many pedals that I have found a combination I like but a little improvements.

I have a Dunlop Wah modded to my liking which goes into a MXR dynaComp then into a very Modified Boss SD-1 then into a Danelectro Vibrato then Ibanez Delay (digital) I use the dynacomp as a boost which works well as I get the sustain but what I am looking for is a compressor with a bit of distortion or something built in as I seem to lose the dirt when the pedal is pushing into the SD-1 I love the sound of the SD-1 but just having a problem which the boost DynaComp. I have tried instead of the compressor a Boss DS-1 a Danelectro Daddy O and a Keeley Modified RAT however they never seem to cut it as they are very overbearing and run with a SD-1 it seems to make the gain very hard to adjust at a gig

Any Idea's could I mod the dynacomp to give me a bit more dirt ?

Cheers

petemoore

Any Idea's could I mod the dynacomp to give me a bit more dirt ?

Maybe you need a more dirty boost, instead of the Dyna?
 Comp may make Dist sound glassier, I'd say some type of bipolar transistor gain stage might do the trick.
 Brian May treble Booster
 Gus's NpN boost
 LPB
 depends on everything else [equipment] and what kind of grind your looking for.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.