Prospects for different phaser?

Started by StephenGiles, August 21, 2004, 04:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Look at this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/StephenGiles/phaseshift.gif
This seems to be a slightly more complicated phase shift network, I wonder what it would sound like modulated?
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

petemoore

There's one way to find out :D
 Just taunting, might be an interesting subject.
 I'm not able to tell you how to wire an LFO to it, perhaps something from a SS or Ross could be spliced in there. If I looked real hard I might be able to type something, but there are those around here [and you know who you are] that would probably know off hand how to do the splicing and how to tweak it [insert envy].
 Technology of articles at GEO would probably be a good thing to reference.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

R.G.

A quick run through a circuit simulator shows that it's a two-pole phase shifter - yep, one complete notch per opamp! - but that it's quite hard to modulate it with a single resistor change. More tinkering needed, perhaps.

Maybe good for speaker sims that need lots of notches in the high end.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

StephenGiles

Thanks - it just looked inviting!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Migvht be a candidate for a PWM switched-resistor phaser  :wink:

StephenGiles

That sounds good Paul, have it on my desk by Monday morning!
Stephen

gez

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

puretube

looks like a Dome-filter: the whole thing shifts all frequencies by the same amount... (?)