Flip-Flop Circuits?

Started by chumpito, August 22, 2004, 07:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chumpito

Any circuits for flip-flops besides octave down?

chumpito

What about other logic stuff like INVERTORS or AND/OR Gates?

Athin

DIY XOR die.

niftydog

have seen inverters (schmitt triggers) and such used to square off waveforms... need to be properly biased to work.

Use your imagination! Try running a flip-floped signal into one side of an AND gate, and the straight signal into the other side!

Essentially, they're all gonna do a similar sort of thing.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

casey

Quote from: chumpitoAny circuits for flip-flops besides octave down?

the kerry fuzz is a great example of a flip-flop configuration.  :D
Casey Campbell

travissk

There was a hypothetical 1-bit digital delay posted a little while back that used a flip flop and a shift register, along with an op-amp with feedback. Pretty cool and simple circuit, if only an idea and not a fleshed-out project.

Quote from: caseythe kerry fuzz is a great example of a flip-flop configuration.  :D

I don't think it uses any flip-flops, but the Sub-decay Stupid Bush Box (http://www.tonefactor.com/gpage.html5.html) would be ideal for those of you who would want a politically balanced pedalboard. I kid, I kid... well, sort of :)

Then of course there's the Nader Green Party Ringer... well, maybe not this election.

chumpito

Hypothetical you say.. :twisted:
I like it  :D a discrete echo.

Nasse

And there exists flipflops for control, like electronic on-off switches and retriggerable and non-retriggerable monostables for envelope/gate stuff
  • SUPPORTER

casey

Quote from: travissk
Then of course there's the Nader Green Party Ringer... well, maybe not this election.

too funny!
Casey Campbell

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

One application of logic, is in a cheapo ring modulator, where you XOR (i think it is XOR) two squared up signals, whihc is hte same as multiplying. OK you don't get a "classic" ring modulation, but who knows, you might like it better!! especially if you put envelope restoration after it (and you could make a cheap bodge job of THAT, by clipping the output according to level of the rectified input).
The MS20 synth has a square wave ring mod like this, I think.

chumpito

Thanks Paul, that one seems pretty worthwhile to experiment with.

Brian Marshall

Quote from: travisskThere was a hypothetical 1-bit digital delay posted a little while back that used a flip flop and a shift register, along with an op-amp with feedback. Pretty cool and simple circuit, if only an idea and not a fleshed-out project.

Quote from: caseythe kerry fuzz is a great example of a flip-flop configuration.  :D

I don't think it uses any flip-flops, but the Sub-decay Stupid Bush Box (http://www.tonefactor.com/gpage.html5.html) would be ideal for those of you who would want a politically balanced pedalboard. I kid, I kid... well, sort of :)

HA.. the stupid box is registered independent

Brian Marshall

Ive actually been getting ready to work on a flip flop circuit.... basically just using a classic astable vibrator.  as of yet, i havent had the time to bread board it.... there are a few other filter things going on in it, so it is kind of large, and im pretty sure i overlooked some stuff.... its only on paper for now.