Fender Preamp solid state Schematic

Started by Frankli, August 22, 2004, 01:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankli

hi.  I look schematic of one preamp with transistor that has a sound very clean. would be stops for in an amplifier of 50w that I am to mount.  if somebody will have schematic of one preamp that clean sounds and full perhaps as one "fender amp" please contacte me.
thanks
Francisco  :D

Frankli

Arn C.

Peter Snowberg

For a "Fender" type of tone in a one transistor pre-amp, try the Fetzer Valve from Run Off Groove. :D

http://www.runoffgroove.com/fetzervalve.html
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Frankli

I thought about making this for preamp of my power amp of 50w. but I do not know if this sounds clean completely.  if clean will be 100% is this same that I go to make!  somebody can say me if is 100% clean this project?  :shock:

Nasse

Quoteif clean will be 100% is this same that I go to make! somebody can say me if is 100% clean this project?

Trust me, you don´t want that clean. I have yet not build it, but for what I heard on the soundclip and comments on this forum it is just what you asked - sounds quite like "clean" Fender style guitar amp.
  • SUPPORTER

Frankli

Thanksss Nasse
thanks to all
the project is this same that I go to make to use of preamp then more suggestions are comings well

Francisco  :D  :D  :D

Peter Snowberg

You can also try different types of JFETs to change the gain if you feel it is too much. The J201, 2N5457, and MPF102 all provide different amounts of gain. :D

The sound of a "clean" Fender is really not perfectlty clean. It contains a small amount of distortion that is pleasing to most ears. :D
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

crawler486

Hi..

Check this site of Fender Schems download.
Maybe u can find something in there.

http://www.mrgearhead.net/faq/schematics/fender/

Regards

Frankli

crawler486 thanks. I go to study the projects of this site  :D

stm

For what you mention I would try the following:

(Fetzer Valve) -> (Fender tonestack) -> (FET buffer) -> (Volume pot) -> (Power amp)

Frankli

thanks. I go to try  :D

stm

Hey, also you can try:

(Professor Tweed) -> (Power Amp)

The sound clips at ROG on Prof. Tweed are quite appealing!

Frankli

yah. I have one v-twin table boogie. now I only thought that I can uses it as preamp valvulado of amplificador.preamp and equaliser. also is an option =)=)=)

Ben N

The clean channel preamp of my Fender Champ 25 hybrid is cleaner than my all-tube amps, but still sounds pretty good, especially for chorussy (Nanoverb in the FX loop) or jazzy things.  I don't have a schematic handy, but you should be able to find one on the web.  IIRC, it was basically a blackface/silverface 2-stage preamp (gain + FMV/BMT tonestack + recovery) built around a TL072 opamp running on, IIRC, +/-15v.  Unlike the FET emulations, this is pretty much completely clean, with all the headroom in the world, and the tone controls actually work a little better than the tube version.  The lack of distortion is a bit too cold for me, but it may be what you are looking for.

It's not a single transistor, but still pretty easy to implement if it suits your needs.  Hope this helps.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Frankli

de very nice information for my amp. thanks =)=)=)=)
:D  :D  :D