Stripboard Layout Tool

Started by spongebob, August 24, 2004, 11:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spongebob

A few month ago I was looking for a software that could be used for creating layouts for stripboard (or veroboard as it's called in some places), but the only one I found was quite buggy and difficult to use. So, being a true DIYer (and IT student), I started writing my own! :D

Don't expect something fancy, it only provides basic functionality to create component layouts on stripboard, and only a few components are included so far: Resistors, Capacitors (non-polar, electrolytic axial & radial), Diodes and Sockets. Sockets can be used for a number of purposes, IC sockets, transistor "legs", or for offboard connections.

The main feature I wanted to have was being able to rearrange the traces with all components already in place, this really allows to find very compact layouts, especially for transistor-based circuits. Opamps are a bit more difficult, because you have to cut traces, but it's not impossible. Printing still needs to be improved, but it's good enough to use the printout when doing the actual soldering.

If any of the stripboard users around here wants to give it a try, you can download it from here:
Stripboard Layout Tool v0.1

No instructions included, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out!

markusw

Wow. Your software looks great!!! Are you going to implement ICs too?

Arno van der Heijden

Very cool!! :mrgreen:

A zoom function might be useful though....

mikeb