Thank you Geoffrey Teese

Started by RedHouse, August 24, 2004, 08:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHouse

Thank you for responding Geoffrey Teese to my wah-shells question, and for coming to this forum when you do, I love it when the big boys drop in here. I tried to respond in the "Sick Teese Wah" thread, but that thread has been locked.

My interest in wah shells is not for making wah's, but I'm working on a foot-operated flanger, where the pedal is used for manual sweep, it's not a new idea but it fills a nitch. I've built one into an old crybaby shell, and would love to make them on a limited-run basis someday if I can ever get hooked-up with a supplier.

travissk

I have a digitech pedal that does a manual flange. Seemed very interesting but their implementation is pretty poor... good luck with yours, it will certainly be a good niche effect!

petemoore

Treadles are cool for putting circuits in, the SS is more fun for sure in the Wah case/
 I've made a few treadles from scratch, takes hours and looks like something you weren't tooled to make good ones of.
 Spend the extra time and good looks could be had.
 Drilling through the flat knob and threading the string through makes the actuator part not so hard...mainly just a piece of angle metal with holes in it for mounting/aligning the pot.
 Kinda nice cause I can stick new / inexpensive 100k or different values in there real easy.
 They get full articulation of the pots shaft range if you don't step on the heel real hard. Otherwise they can be set for 98% range
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

swt

i used to need a lot of those shells, because i'm always building things i want to manually operate, ( ring mods carriers, depth,etc), and specially when i got into cvs, and synth stuff for my guitar. What i did was make a really easy pedal with aluminum or wood, some sort of rocker, and use slider pots to avoid gear and other stuff, This works pretty cool, you should try it. The only problem is the look :oops:   :roll:

Mobisimo

I have a Teese Picture wah, and it absolutly kicks ass.  If you're in the market for a wah, send Mr. Teese an email.  They really are marvelous, and he even called my house in order to help resolve an issue.  Great guy, great pedals.

Just thought I'd share.