TS9 tone controls

Started by southernoise, August 24, 2004, 10:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernoise

I've just cloned the pedal and found that the tone control response are all bunch up at the end of the turn.  I'm using a 22k Linear pot.

Found JD's post about using a log pot wired reverse for this to smoothen the response but I don't want a reversed tone control.

Is there any way that I can simulate the G taper response with tapering resistors? Thanks.

petemoore

I built a bunch of them, then found ALEXA, and had better success with the tone section. That was a while ago, I don't remember that it got onto schematics 2..might be a search item.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

ayan

Quote from: southernoiseI've just cloned the pedal and found that the tone control response are all bunch up at the end of the turn.  I'm using a 22k Linear pot.

Found JD's post about using a log pot wired reverse for this to smoothen the response but I don't want a reversed tone control.

Is there any way that I can simulate the G taper response with tapering resistors? Thanks.

I posted a while ago that I had pretty good luck with a 50K RA (reverse audio) taper pot in there.  These pots are readily available since they were used by Fender amps in their vibrato.  The taper is not "perfect," but the sweet spots span a workable range, unlike a linear taper pot.

Good lcuk,

Gil

southernoise

ahh... ok i'll try and dig around it. thanks!

cd

Stick a couple of 4.7k resistors from the wiper lug to the other lugs.