tech 21 schems

Started by changes, August 25, 2004, 05:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

changes

anyone got a schem for a sansamp (other than gt-2)
acoustic di, psa or anything else???
CHANGES

cd

There's a  Sansamp Classic (unconfirmed) floating around.  Use the links at the top of this page.

Ben N

There is a schematic for the Double Drive around somewhere (maybe Aron has it in Schematics 2?).  

I just tried to get at the circuit for the XXL last night, but they are a bitch to get to because, as far as I can tell, you need to desolder the PCB-mounted jacks from the board just to remove the board from the enclosure or see the top of it.  Since I'm not sure I'd be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again, I chickened out and closed 'er back up.  If anyone knows the trick to safely pulling the board out, please speak up (I have 4 Tech21 pedals, which I'd like to see the guts of and understand.)

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Boofhead

That schematic had a few unknowns.
Bill Berman confirmed some of the modes didn't sound like the original.

cd

Quote from: Ben NIf anyone knows the trick to safely pulling the board out, please speak up (I have 4 Tech21 pedals, which I'd like to see the guts of and understand.)

Forgot about the Double Drive!  It's also floating around under the name "Double Trouble" if you can't find it.

All of the Tech21 pedals require you to desolder the jacks - don't be too scared about it though, if you have a solder sucker it's quite easy.  Even if you don't have a solder sucker, you can resort to heating up the solder then whacking the pedal on a telephone book or somesuch to get the solder off :)

Be prepared for FURTHER disappointment though, some of those Tech21 pedals are also covered in epoxy.

Ben N

It's not the desoldering, but the RE-soldering that scares me.  Especially if all I find on the other side may be the mystery goop.
  • SUPPORTER

Ansil

strange my triac you just un screwed the nuts off the pots and took the whole hting out.  i guess they are getting trickier over at sansamp.  great customer service department.

i asked them about moddig my used pedal ie if i just changed out the drive pot asi had the shcematic for one of the other pedals would it give me a little more push, he gave me some long boring technical legal advice about asking quesitons like that, then i got a nice answer saying that they tried stuff like that but it boosted the noise up too much for their likeings and suggested i put a booster in front of it.

aslo for the bass sansamp fans i am talking with my buddy and hes going to go ahead and send off the bass sansamp to jeremy to reverse.  :D

ejbasses

Hey ansil!

Tell that friend of yours his soual is gonna go to heaven

hehehe Ive been waiting for a reverse engineered bass driver. My wishes came true!
Four Strings To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them

Ben N

Ansil:
I take it your TriAC has chassi-mount (as opposed to board mounted) jacks?
Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Ansil

Quote from: Ben NAnsil:
I take it your TriAC has chassi-mount (as opposed to board mounted) jacks?
Ben

no they mount to the board.  soldered on a double sided board connected on both sides of it.  but it just comes out relatively easy..

Ben N

... b/c their pcb-mounted jacks have those cool chassis nuts that actually screw into the jack--makes removing the board a piece of cake.

Just BTW.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

wui223

Anyone has the schematic for Triac ?

rocker-D82

Quote from: Ben N
I just tried to get at the circuit for the XXL last night, but they are a bitch to get to because, as far as I can tell, you need to desolder the PCB-mounted jacks from the board just to remove the board from the enclosure or see the top of it.

I hope to be useful....

Steben

Is that really possible? driving TL072's to clip in such a "simple" circuit?
And the warping is all about misbiasing the OpAmps, right?

mmmm.......
I remember some really nice sounds coming out of it... i wonder...
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

nelson

Quote from: Ansilstrange my triac you just un screwed the nuts off the pots and took the whole hting out.  i guess they are getting trickier over at sansamp.  great customer service department.

i asked them about moddig my used pedal ie if i just changed out the drive pot asi had the shcematic for one of the other pedals would it give me a little more push, he gave me some long boring technical legal advice about asking quesitons like that, then i got a nice answer saying that they tried stuff like that but it boosted the noise up too much for their likeings and suggested i put a booster in front of it.

aslo for the bass sansamp fans i am talking with my buddy and hes going to go ahead and send off the bass sansamp to jeremy to reverse.  :D

8)

Cant wait!!!

Your friend will have great karma!
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X