CD4013 for MXR Blue Box

Started by mahoney, August 25, 2004, 07:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahoney

I just received my CD4013s for my MXR Blue Box, and they're tiny...like IC inside a computer tiny.  I didnt order them from small bear like I should have, Im pretty sure that was my mistake.  Anyways... are these useless?(for pedals that is)  I can't imagine that there's a way to rig them in there, that would be too much work.  Or am I just completely retarded?  (Dont answer that, I get that enough from everyone else) :(

Lonestarjohnny

I did that once myself Mahoney, I ordered some 4558 IC's from T/I and did not pay attention to the #'s, They were free Sample's and i got surface mount mini's that i'd loose if i took them off the card they came on, LOL !, needless to say they are still laying on my pedal bench unopened.   :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Johnny

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

If you have the time & patience, just glue the sucker to the board with a TINY amount of glue (trying not to get any on the legs!!!) and then just run wires to the legs. It isn't any worse than model railway nutters ENJOY doing! and, it is practice for when EVEY chip comes like this :x

travissk

Yes, with a fine-tipped iron, a steady hand and some patience, it can be done. Good luck with the Blue Box!