Runoffgroove distortions

Started by shawsofhell, August 27, 2004, 01:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawsofhell

I want to build a pedal that has a switchable low gain bluesy overdrive and a high gain lead tone overdrive. I was thinking of using some of the runoffgroove emulations can anyone suggest some good options?

Lonestarjohnny

My fav. is Aron's build on the Clean boost first, then i like my Professor tweed with the Eighteen on the end, this is by far the best tone i've had in awhile through a smaller amp, I love this setup, the Guy's at RunOffGroove really nailed it on all of these build's.
I like the clean boost to help give my amp that nice big robust sound, the Professor Tweed i use to color my sound and give me various different level's of grit fot my rythum's, then the Eighteen for my lead's,
this is like Barbacoa with some Hot Chile Sauce on the side,  :shock:  :evil:  :twisted:
ya gotta love it,
Johnny

vdm

i've just today discovered an awesome combo of ROG distortions, using the SiliFace2 --> 'Umble

i'm going to put them both in one box because they work so well together and have great sounds by themselves as well!

the siliface is a good lowish gain fuzzface (i think my Q2 transistor is too low a gain), good for those jangly crunch lines or the less psychadelic hendrix stuff.

the 'umble is a really great pedal for a classic rock sound or hard blues stuff, and despite the gain in mine being average (using MPF102's and 2N5457's) the sounds it churns out are really nice. I'm still trying to work all of the noise (particularly RF pickup) out of the box.

but throw the two together and the volume control on the siliface acts as a pregain driving the jfets hard into distortion which is really smooth - not blocky. It gives that over the top tonebender distortion and then some!

this is quite possibly the best selection of tones i've ever heard out of a pedal or amp!

trent

petemoore

FF...EZ, great, try 'em out for cheep...the box and switch outlay is bigger than that of the circuit board.
 Multi-face...I'm using 4401 for Q1 and 2n7000 for Q2...cool cause you can swap tranny's easily.
 Last week's gig: Multi Face>Wah>SS phazer>Supreaux...excellent
 This weeks gig will be: Minibooster> Multi face> EZ Face [with a Ge Q]> Wah>SS> Supreaux...I installed 3PDT's on everything except the SS.
 %age of what you'd like from this or any effects lineup depends greatly on the amp you'll be using, FF into Jfets can render cool results, FF direct into SS amp...yer on yer own there...FF into tube amp...quite recommendable.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

PB Wilson

Gary

Quote from: Lonestarjohnnythe Guy's at RunOffGroove really nailed it on all of these build's.

You're making me blush.  :oops:

Quote from: vdmthe 'umble is a really great pedal for a classic rock sound or hard blues stuff,

Thank you from both of us.

Regards,

Lonestarjohnny

No Problem Gary, the Pleasure is our's,
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Johnny

vdm

i concur! everything i've tried at ROG has been excellent and i look forward to the end of the year when i'll have time to build a few more of them!!!

thank you

trent