foxx tone machine... treble cut?

Started by marrstians, August 30, 2003, 09:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marrstians

i built a foxx tone machine and it sound great... except when i click on the octave it gets really shrilly... so if my fuzz sounds good my octave has too much treble... if my octave sounds good my fuzz is muddy... is there an way to either decrese the highs in the octave stage or put more in the fuzz stage? help

:x

petemoore59

Try looking at some pages that show rolloff caps that go from signal path [like near output or end of gain stage] to ground...usually I small value [experiment to find flavor to taste]...then I would start poking it in well looking at the schematic and probably has better effect near the output.
 Also look at tone control options to get an idea what's going on..stuff with pots&capacitors or R's and caps etc.
 I know there's links and stuff that's findable from this page that shows all that...try AMZ's site^

J. Luja

How about using a dpdt for the octave switch and using the second half to add a cap from the tone control pot wiper to ground? You'll have to experiment with the cap value, but it should work fine.

-Jeremy