MY firts question in the forum...

Started by gaddargaddar, August 28, 2004, 07:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaddargaddar

Hi
I'd like to ask the guys in the forum a question...How could I build a really
strong and buzzy fuzz pedal for my bass guitar...I'm really a newbie but I build some of the fuzzfaces that ı found on the web...They don't sound right for my ears...Anyway I need a bright fuzz so could anybody help me??? By the way I've got BC108,BC109 and 2n3904's also I've got two AC128's(could anyone help me about it's legs, I can't find it's datasheet on the web,probably my mistake but if somebody could help I'd be glad)...various op-amp's 741, TL071, TL081, RC4558P,LF356N...

Thanks anyway, this forum is a great source
support music,not rumors

Marcos - Munky

Try the Bazz Fuss (http://home-wrecker.com/bazz.html). And for more versatility, add this two volume blend (http://www.geocities.com/munkydiy/blend.jpg), to mix clean signal with distorted signal.

gaddargaddar

Thanks for your answer it is a great fuzz,also instead of using 2n3904's if you use BC108C you could get a crunchy fuzz...anyway do you know a way of adding more treble to that circuit???
support music,not rumors

petemoore

BASS STORY FROM LAST NIGHT>>>
 THE CASSETTE DECK USED FOR IT'S PRE+AMP DIED. :oops:
 I GRABBED A SUprEauX from my chain and put it in front of the sunn 150w amp. Worked great, pumped it right up and sounded with an amp Like distortion [not real 'crunchy/fuzzy'], but like an ODen amp...I was impressed, and relieved...  8)
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

gaddargaddar

I'm sorry  about your cassette deck...Anyway do you know how to add more treble to my fuzz circuit???
support music,not rumors

sir_modulus

Treble boosting is a bit difficult (try one of those EH single transistor boosters (www.fuzzcentral.com)). A simpler aproach is to cut some bass. Go to the main site (arons diystombox page) and go to simple mods and tricks. In that category, they have plenty of little mods for bass cuts and more dist. etc...

Hope that helps

LM 250+

mikeb

Also try a big muff Pi and Roland Bee-Baa (the king of silicon fuzzes! IMHO :D ).

Mike

joshwatson

go to www.moosapotamus.com and look through those effects, he has samples up also. i would reccomend the acoustic 360.... or my fave for bass   the big cheese (aka great cheddar). the big cheese isnt on moose's site but i  just had a pal build one for me. e-mail me if you would like to contact him.   i jsut got my big cheese so i may be on a honeymoon, but this was the sound i was searching for. also if you do build or get a cheese built definitely move the bias knob to the outside of the box, it makes the pedal VERY flexible in tone option 4. basically tone option four would be fixed after you adjusted the bias inside the pedal,  but if you move it out you can adjsut the "sputtering sparkly dissintegrating" fuzz on the fly while you are playing the riffs you are getting ready to record or gig.

gaddargaddar

Thanks for the advise..I2ve dowloaded the schematic but I'm a newbie and I still need time to build it...Anyway Anybody has a simpler solution for this...(By the way the pedals sounds killer on that side)...I hope I'd learn this job quickly becouse I rally want to build that pedal
support music,not rumors