EH Del Mem Man not working again...damn thing!!!

Started by jimbob, August 28, 2004, 06:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I had a problem a while back about the echo/delay part of the pedal not working while on a clean channel. Puretube suggested I change the slider switch and that seems to do it for a few days.But now i have bought more sliders and replaced them and i still have the same problem. I only get sound and effects when im using it with my high gain channel. Its as if theres a huge signal loss somewhere in there. BTW- this is a faily new one w 5 knobs.

anyone have any ideas?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

StephenGiles

It sounds to me as if you need to find someone with a scope and trace the signal through. I it stillunder warranty?
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

jimbob

Nope ..no warrenty..Im in no hurry though-- i figure ill "eventually" get it going. I figured with such a diverse group here someone would/might have come across this same issue by now.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Johan

a friend of mine has one of those that from time to time displays all sorts of problems.  
there are a lot of IC's that sits in sockets in his unit, just lifting them and pushing them back in usually solves whatever is wrong that day...I guess the sockets gets coroded in our scandinavian climate, going from very dry in winter to very humid in summer....

Johan
DON'T PANIC

jimbob

ill give that a try--this thing really is a p.i.t.a.--i like my dd-3 so much better! I think ill fix it then sell/trade it. See, after i changed the switches it worked perfectly--than i didnt use it for a month and it did this...it as been in the basemnt though..hmmm

analogmike

HI,

EH pedals can often be fixed by reflowing solder joints on the board. We have a big illuminated magnifying glass we use to spot some cold joints. Or just solder up everything... that should fix it. good luck!
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

jimbob

jimbob

OK--I fixed it--I went through and chked for cold solder joint..all good there..then i noticed when i moved the 3pdt switch it cut in and out--turns out it was a loose wire going to the input...Looking at it it looked fine..In fact i even pulled on it a little and all was good..then i re-soldered it and there it was--good as new!! Now time to move on to the next project.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah, I have an older DMM and i had troubles with cold solders... And the other thing is the thin cables and the weak chorus-vib switch, i spend a lot of time treating to find the problem... :roll:

jimbob

Yea--ive replaced both slide switches already..O well...