Neutron LED/balance wiring???

Started by STOMPmole, August 29, 2004, 03:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STOMPmole

Well, after completing my 1st build (Rangemaster) I've moved on and completed my Neutron Mutron clone.

The pedal is working and sounds great!!!!  All I have remaining to do is the wiring of the DC adapter jack and Aron's 3PDT switch for true bypass w/LED.  

Could anyone that has completed this project tell me how they wired an indicator LED?  Am I correct to assume that I can just hook it up to the collector of Q1 for +9V then just switch it on/off by utilizing a spare terminal on my 3PDT to connect battery ground when the effect signal is 'on'??  I'm trying to avoid any noise and hum problems by directly switching the LED with the input jack stereo lug as 'warned against' in the .pdf instructions.  Any feedback/help would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, is there a simple way to add a dry/wet effect balance pot to this project?  I seem to remember reading something about it but my forum search didn't dig up anything on either subject.

-Looking forward to a weekend of Bootsyesque bass!!!

Thanks!!

STOMPmole

niftydog

can't help you with specifics... but if you have a spare pole on your 3PDT switch;

hook one terminal to ground, and the other to the supply, then the common terminal to the LED and current limit resistor. The switch will then either connect the LED to ground OR the supply.

As to witch switch is which... that depends entirely on how you've wired up the bypass circuit. Otherwise, you'll end up with the LED on when the effect is off and vice versa.

Now, the other bit. Search "blend control" or "blend circuit" or even "panning" or similar. I found it here quite easily. Or go to ROG and search for the splitter-blend. This should point you in the right direction.

In it's most simple form, it's an appropriately wired potentiometer.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)