DeArmond and Allen-Bradley walk into a bar.................

Started by guitarhacknoise, August 30, 2004, 10:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarhacknoise

hello again...........
I went and stuck a lmc567 based multiplier in an old DeArmond volume pedal, using the pot to change the carrier pitch. real good freak out pedal . helps to blend in some dry signal to make it more "musical"  
any way.............
the pot that is in there is an allen bradley type j,  it was a volume pedal so it has (yeah I checked) an audio taper.
Now, can you see where this is going? stop me if you heard this one before.....
the allen bradley pots have a much larger "mounting sleeve" so I would like to know what allen-bradley pot has a linear taper or who makes or made a pot of the same physical dimensions with a linear taper? I believe a value of 100k should do.
I might just have to fabricate a new  bracket with a smaller hole and use a linear alpha pot, but then I may have to replace the rack and pinion with dunlop seeing as the shaft of the A-B pot is also of a larger diameter..............................

:?
"It'll never work."

guitarhacknoise

"It'll never work."

Arn C.

Matthias,
     I have one of those to spare if you would like one, but how long is the shaft?  The ones that I have are "J" tupe but the shafts are only 1/2 inch long. and it is a round shaft.  The bushing size is .370-.375 inch and it is 1/4 inch shaft.   If you are interested let me know.

Peace!
Arn C.

arn.conklin@ametek.com

UPDATE:  I just found one (Clarostat)  that has the same specs as the allen bradley one you spoke of with a longer shaft  1.6 inches long!