Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Schematic

Started by guyguitar2, August 31, 2004, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyguitar2

1) I was wondering if anyone on this forum would happen to know where I could possibly find a schematic for a Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer? Or perhaps if there is a phone number for the Boss company that I could call?  I have looked all over the web, but have been unable to find one.  I am interested in perhaps doing a mod on one.

2) on my pitch shifter presets on my digitech whammy
(one with the input level control), i have lost the ability
to rock my pedal and get a nice, long, gradual pitch shift.
my pedal immediately goes 1 octave up barely even moving it up.  is it possible to fix this?  or should I try and contact digitech myself?

Any help that anyone could offer would be much appreciated.  Thanks very much!  I have enjoyed this forum thus far with what I have read...

-Rob

travissk

1) I've got a CS-3 but never found a schematic for it. If you're just wanting a quick mod, indyguitarist.com has a mod he does for it; schematic isn't included and the instructions cost $10. Schematics are available online for $12. I've heard Boss will fax you a schematic if you ask; I've never done that.

2) I believe you're talking about the XP-100 whammy/wah. Does the wah have the normal range, while the whammy presets just jump automatically? That might be a pretty complicated problem.

My guess is that everything jumps like that and the pedal just got miscalibrated. Instructions are at the end of this manual:
http://digitech.com/ftp_mirror/PDFs/Discontinued%20Products/Manuals/XP100.pdf
Digitech is nice about keeping manuals for their discontinued products online.

If the recalibration doesn't fix it, crack it open (4 screws on the bottom) and check out the section that handles the pedal movement. There is a LED on the bottom of the pedal that gets closer to a (clear) phototransistor on the main circuit board. That would be my guess as to the area you need to debug.

Turn the pedal on while your case is open and see if there's anything that is obstructing the LED's light, or if it's not on for the full range of movement.

Definitely try calibration first though!

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's any more specifics you need; I have an XP-200 modulator that is almost ideantical to the Whammy/Wah. I was going to experiment with the EEPROM inside of it but haven't gotten around to it.