DOD Grunge mods

Started by tinsomniacj, September 01, 2004, 11:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinsomniacj

Does anyone know of a site that features any mods for a DOD Grunge.

also has anyone out there done a side by side comparison of the
Digitech Vs. DOD Grunge?

william

I don't know what the exact change is, but the newer grunge pedals come with an amp sim incorperated as a second output option.  Nearly all the current Digitech stomp boxes currently have this amp sim built into them.

Somicide

I modded a DOD grunge, and personally, i didnt really screw with much.  I replaced 2 of the 3 OAs with TL072s and the third with a 4558.  That, And I swapped the Diodes.  I dunno, I liked it that way.  Havent heard the Digitech, caught me off guard when i saw them with the DOD names.

PEace n Love,
Jeff
Peace 'n Love

newfish

<thread exhumed>

I picked a Digitech 'grunge' up the other day for very little cash.

It's SMD! The only mods I thought were necessary were swapping R16 from the stock 10K to 1K8.

This lets you dial in a small amount of distortion - instead of the 'Wall of Deth' on the stock version.

Other than that, I swapped D2 out for a 3mm Blue LED to give a 'rounder' distortion.

That's it!  Any Op-Amp swapping will have to wait until I have a microscope...!  :icon_eek:

Cheers, Guys!
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

Canucker

These aren't to hard to find cheap. Nobody really likes em...it just has the novelty factor of the name going for it. If you wanna play some grungy sounding stuff make like The Melvins and play a vintage Rat!