Tonepad Tubescreamer with True Bypass

Started by mattshad, September 02, 2004, 07:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattshad

I built my tubscreamer quite a while ago and I am very happy with it.  It had a couple of teething issues - a couple of dud resistors.  However ever since I have finished it, there has been a crackle that I havent been able to get rid of.  I have been all over the board and everything seems to be ok.  The one thing that I have noticed is that the LED indicator flickers slightly when it crackles.  

Has anyone had this experience and can tell me whether it might be something to do with the LED indicator?  I have been scratching my head over this one for ages.

Samuel

Which LED setup did you use? 3PDT? Millenium bypass? I guess the most likely candidate would be an intermittent connection from the 9V supply (or the power supply ground). remelt the power connections and check the integrity of the power wire for starters....

Does the crackly occur in connection to anything in particular? Like when switching? Could also be a faulty switch I suppose...

mattshad

I used a 3PDT switch.  When I switch the pedal on it works fine other than a feint crackling in the background which is annoying.  I will resolder the battery clip connections to see whether this is the problem.  I will also disconnect the LED to see whether there is something bizarre happening there.