Stompbox skin complaint ! (PIC)

Started by MartyMart, September 02, 2004, 11:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

http://www.pbase.com/image/33339388

This was a wierd mistake with spray paint over metal primer !!
Think I'll call it the "Purple Alligator"   !! LOL  :D

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jrc4558

My pedals uually come out like that when i don't dry the primer completely. try letting the primer dry for at least two days (i know it's hard to wait, as in my case, but...)... :)
good luck.

YouAre

that is quite pimp, that dude from outkast can't even beat that style.

MartyMart

Thanks guys !
I was about to strip it and start again ( pre-wiring it all up )  but decided that it looked kind of "cool"  !!
I took off the edges of the purple with some alcohol ( hic ! ) and a cotton bud, that brought out the wierd pattern some more.
People pay lots of money for this "designer" stuff !!
Marty. :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

Steve C

You can also get that result if you paint the box, heat it a little in the oven, then put it in the freezer or someplace really cold.

toneman

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Lonestarjohnny

I think you got the Old Gater that was Purple With Envy ! :lol:  :lol:
Johnny

jimbob

Now that is cool looking! Thats happens to me in the winter if i paint inside and set it outside to dry..After it finishes drying inside I spray it w some clear laquer. I say keep it that way.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

petemoore

You got the 'lucky patina' thing going ON !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

bazzwazzle

did you order the black stomp switch or paint it? Could you tell me where or how? thanks.

ESPm2M

Quote from: bazzwazzledid you order the black stomp switch or paint it? Could you tell me where or how? thanks.

...it looks to me as though the stomp switch is just polish or chromed like all that I have ever seen...

bazzwazzle

ah yes, you are right. Sometimes the angle of the light that hit it fools me. Sorry

troubledtom

cover it w/ clear gloss and pat yourself on the back :wink:

ESPm2M

Quote from: bazzwazzleah yes, you are right. Sometimes the angle of the light that hit it fools me. Sorry

wishful thinking

Michael P.

www.geofex.com

scroll down to 12/7/99 for a full description of how to perfect this technique.

MartyMart

Thanks Michael, they look great !!
Marty.