Blue Magic built

Started by Thomas P., September 03, 2004, 08:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas P.

Hey folks,
just wanted to share a pic of my new bluemagic. We don't need to talk about sound cause everyone knows it sounds great.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light

petemoore

Helps defend your amp from oppositional magic? awesome looking pedal, looks cool the way you followed the theme!!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Thomas P.

Quote from: petemooreHelps defend your amp from oppositional magic?
you got it :wink:
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Ge_Whiz

Okay, so what does the "Magic" control do?

Thomas P.

Quote from: Ge_WhizOkay, so what does the "Magic" control do?

I don't know who came up with it but it is the resistor R11 at the output wich can soften out things (or not).  It is described as a more open sound with R11 reduced.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

GreenEye

I'm green with envy; although perhaps the LED should have been at the end of his staff.

Jim Jones

Thomas P.

Quote from: GreenEyeI'm green with envy; although perhaps the LED should have been at the end of his staff.
Yeah - and it should be a blue one (damn)
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

cd

If you use a pot for R11, it's like a 2nd "tone" control.  The tone control kills highs, R11 kills highs even more, depending on where you set it.

Paul Marossy

Nice work!  8)
I like that Blue Magic circuit quite a lot.

Aharon

MAybe you explained it before but how did you do the graphics on the box?.
Aharon
Aharon

Fret Wire

Nice layout and graphics. 8)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Thomas P.

Quote from: AharonMAybe you explained it before but how did you do the graphics on box?.
Aharon

The idea was floating around here some time. I think it belongs to Charlie (by the way I haven't seen him posting much lately). It's t-shirt transfer stuff and the grafics are done with photoshop. Just print it and iron it onto the box - works nicely!!!
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Tychobrahe1979

Just out of curiosity did you the layout found the General Guitar Gadgets site? The reason I am asking is I never got the mid boost switch to work and so I was curious if you did something a little different with it. Also how noticable of a change does it make?

Aharon

The idea was floating around here some time. I think it belongs to Charlie (by the way I haven't seen him posting much lately). It's t-shirt transfer stuff and the grafics are done with photoshop. Just print it and iron it onto the box - works nicely!!![/quote]

Thanks.Did you put a clear coat on top?.
Aharon
Aharon

Thomas P.

Quote from: AharonThe idea was floating around here some time. I think it belongs to Charlie (by the way I haven't seen him posting much lately). It's t-shirt transfer stuff and the grafics are done with photoshop. Just print it and iron it onto the box - works nicely!!!

Thanks.Did you put a clear coat on top?.
Aharon[/quote]

Yes 4 to 5 times.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Thomas P.

Quote from: Tychobrahe1979Just out of curiosity did you the layout found the General Guitar Gadgets site? The reason I am asking is I never got the mid boost switch to work and so I was curious if you did something a little different with it. Also how noticable of a change does it make?

No, I did my own one. The problem with the switch doesn't belong to the layout. It's about the setup you use. With some it's audible with others not. Mine has very little effect.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

joshwatson

do you have any sound clips?  it would be cool to get a couple one with the magic off and the other with the magic halfway to full.  thanks

MartyMart

WOW ! you've got a real "Lord of the rings" thing going on there  V-NICE !!
I need to improve my painting skills after my "purple Alligator" episode!!
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Paul Marossy

I was looking at my Blue Magic with my scope last night. That mid boost switch definitely has an effect on the signal, you can see it on the scope. Actually hearing a difference is another story, though. With my usual setup, I can't hear much of a difference. But, I think it does depend on your setup, like tomboy says. I usually don't have too many mids in my tone, it gets EQed down a little bit...