here's a pic of the Neutron I've built:

god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light

Michael P.

I REALLY like that housing - perhaps others here have seen it before, but I haven't. What is it?

Thomas P.

Quote from: Michael P.I REALLY like that housing - perhaps others here have seen it before, but I haven't. What is it?

It's an alu-enclosure made to fit with euro-cards. It's quite nice for more complex effects and it's cheaper than a 1590DD (size: 165x114x31mm) it costs about 8â,¬ here in europe.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Tychobrahe1979

Were you able to get rid of the high pitch wine or did yours never have it to begin with? I've read many people have that problem and I also ran inot it.

Torchy

Tomboy - you got any links for those enclosures at that price ?

I admit it, I'm sick of Hammonds  :(

Thomas P.

Quote from: Tychobrahe1979Were you able to get rid of the high pitch wine or did yours never have it to begin with? I've read many people have that problem and I also ran inot it.

Slightly - but not that it would be a huge problem. I'll post a sound clip  in a few days.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Thomas P.

Quote from: TorchyTomboy - you got any links for those enclosures at that price ?

I admit it, I'm sick of Hammonds  :(

Shure but I'm located in germany and so is the supplier - I don't know how much the shipping will cost.
anyway...
http://www.reichelt.de/ the describtion is EFG 1A

Sadly the site isn't in english but if you've got questions I'll help you!

Here's a datasheet:
http://www.reichelt.de/inhalt.html?SID=10QTiEntS4AQoAAAyIR9U3a835e26af5cd7dfec6bc968591a2e57;ACTION=7;LASTACTION=6;SORT=artikel.artnr;GRUPPE=C72;GRUPPEA=C7;WG=0;ARTIKEL=GEH%25C4USE%2520EFG%25201A;START=16;END=16;FOLDER=C700;FILE=GEHAEUSEEFG1A%2523PRM.pdf;STATIC=0;FC=8;PROVID=0;TITEL=0;DOWNLOADTYP=1;DATASHEETAUTO=
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Thomas P.

god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Torchy

Thanks  :)
My German isnt too good but I can just about muddle through. Your project looks very professional in that enclosure so I have to order a couple  :oops:

troubledtom

groovy.............look's very nice and sounds cool.
             - peace,
                     - tom

STOMPmole

Great looking pedal (and good sound).  I love that enclosure!

As for the comments about whine, I just built a Neutron with the MAX1044 chip with pins 1 and 8 jumpered, was careful to isolate the power ground from signal ground,
and installed the recommended chokes and have no problems whatsoever with high pitched whine...so yes, it IS possible to build one with a single battery supply and not have whine.

R.G.

Quoteso yes, it IS possible to build one with a single battery supply and not have whine.

Yep, it is. In fact, that's how the board got laid out that way...  :D
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

STOMPmole

Yeah, thanks for the great design R.G..  I'm probably biased, but IMO my clone sounds better than both the original MuTron III and the Q-Tron that I demo'd.

...if only you'd do a layout for the MuTron Octave Divider next my life would be complete!! :D

R.G.

Quote...if only you'd do a layout for the MuTron Octave Divider next my life would be complete!!
I don't think I could improve on Craig Anderton's Roctave Divider, available from PAIA. The Roctave is hands down the best octave divider I've ever heard. I highly suggest that you try one out.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

MartyMart

Looks great Tomboy, nice work !
Regards,
Marty. :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com