dod 670 flanger schematic wanted!

Started by guitarhacknoise, September 04, 2004, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarhacknoise

I've been messing with this guy for a while.
a friend gave it to me last year, he had replaced the foot switch with a jack for remote switching so he could twiddle the knobs without bending down.
when he restored the original switch he wired it "wrong" with awesome results!
instead of bypassing it now switches between two differant styles of flanging, the original and a more percussive kind (in time with the sweep) that can go real slow to real fast, at slower speeds it will only pass a signal at the top of the sweep, like a tremelo that just goes on and off.
want to figure out what he did (killer mod by default!) and then put in another switch for bypass which is no problem.  just want a schem to study.
-matthias
"It'll never work."

MartyB

Matthias, I don't have the schem, but if you need a peek inside my 670 I can send you photos.  Here's a link for example.
MartyB

petemoore

Just add a true bypass switching to the outside of 'everything' [the circuit and switches] / and to the input and output jack tips.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

guitarhacknoise

thanks marty, but I wanted to look at it on paper to help me understand what is going on here, you know, the how and why. easier for me to see it this way (schem.) than flippin' the board back and forth trying to match components with traces. I get lost on my way to the mail box!  :D
yeah pete, that's how I plan to do it once my switches arrive.
once I understand whats going on here I'll let you (anyone) in on it. (half of you guys probably already know what's happening and are keeping yer traps shut! lol!)
"It'll never work."

guitarhacknoise

"It'll never work."

guitarhacknoise

ahh............
            martyb, you still have that link? :D
"It'll never work."

guitarhacknoise

thanx martyb!,
I do see a little differance in wiring of the switch
there are three lugs,
two on one side and one at the other,
the red is the same
the brown comes off the board at the same spot but is connected to the "solo" lug of the switch.
 the lug that the brown is supposed to be connected to (as on yours) igoes to the led, the yellow wire is still the same.
I can't see what the other end of your led is doing..........
if it is connected to the switch or........?
-matthias
"It'll never work."

MartyB

Looking at my photo with the pots at bottom:  the lowest end of the LED soldered to the yellow wire goes under the large cap and solders to the board on the component side.  I think you see this.  The other end of the LED is wired to the switch on the single pole side. This is the only connection to the single pole.   The black and two red wires that cross over the LED in the picture aren't connected to the LED.  Hope this helps.
MartyB

njkmonty

POTL

I don't have a 670 circuit, but there is a 640 circuit.
I also think that the 670 might be close to the MXR M117 and Ibanez FL303.

njkmonty

Thanks it uses the sad512d chip  i think its quite similar to the  690 chorus but with feedback etc, but I havent been able to locate it >!

POTL

Yes, I also searched for chorus 690 today and could not find it.

njkmonty

POTL

njkmonty

i have it printed out , give me a minute to find where i got it on the internet!

njkmonty

yeh!!  :)
thanks
  since you were good at finding that, you wouldn't know where i can find a legible Moog mf101 schematic??  :D

POTL

I'm not sure that there are schemes on the Internet, and knowing the number of details, I don't think that this is the scheme that you want to copy)