COncept Amp Head. "Vampyre" PICS ADDED***

Started by Ansil, September 04, 2004, 03:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansil

so i was thinking of doing a modded Extacy type crunchy distortion. with a nice clean preamp in there with a sweepable scoop/boost mid range knob. and putting it into some sort of concept or themed amp.

so i decided on using whatever wood i have at the shop that is suitable for the task and either

Staining the Wood Blood Red [if i have a nice piece of wood or use some veneer on top.] or covering it in BLood red Fabric.

back lit fiberglass logo.  [i already printed it out and am cutting it tonight.  :D yeah..]  some sort of dark grey material for the back ground.  and casting my own blood colored knobs. perhaps with some sort of theme to them as well.

"vampre teeth maybee?"

i guess i should also note that its a single ended "if i can find the proper transformer" el34 power section running class A mode.

also theres going to be two of them. i am hoping to keep one for myself but i have a friend who i am owing a great favor and i think he would like the whole concept of Blood Vampyre and such. and i am in debted to him for his help so i hope this turns out quite well.

also i am going with european spelling of this from many centuries ago. i know its not the modern spelling.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vampyre

UPDATED SCAN OF THE ROUGH PLEXIGLASS NOT YET SMOOTHED.

CLOSE UP SCAN.

The little red blur is a article due to scanning it isn't there.  keep in mind that this is about like looking at the whole piece of lexan from about 1 inch away to see this much detail.  the first pic is a better perspective on the way it will look once i am done.

simialr results.. the plexi penguin i am doing for perry.

hate how jpg ruins the quality of the image.  btw green line was a center line and i havent' cleaned it off yet its on the back of the lexan

close up

Lonestarjohnny

yeah, and you should call your pedal's, Screamin Deamon effect's !
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
I like It !
Johnny

bwanasonic

How about a clear plexi front panel with the logo etched into it, with some kind of blood red lighting from within?  Blood drops ( red lacquer) dripping from the input (bitemark) jacks?

Kerry M

sir_modulus

Good, thats good thinking Bwanasonic. If you etch plexi, and put leds in it (like pointing into the sides (like the thin edges)) of it, the etched letters will be lit from within, and will be clearly visible.

Marcos - Munky

What about to use a red plastic for the logo, and put some LEDs in it? Then you can get a cool light effect when you turn the amp on. Or maybe use a dual pot to control the gain of the circuit and the LEDs' brightness.

Regan

This is going to sound totally off the wall, but what about incorporating a couple of seeing eye tubes for effect too. Have them shining through eye holes. Or if you want to go for total effect, use two pieces of plexi with a small aquarium pump recirculating red water down inbetween the plexi- ok, maybe a little too off the wall :)
I think its ok if your just doing a couple , but behringer has an amp called the vAMPire and they may have a hissy fit(kind of like Ruby tubes and Paul Ruby's Ruby amps)
Regan

Hal

Ansil

actually i guess i should have stated what i was going to do lol.

the logo you see there is the script that i wish to use.  so i already printed it off in various sizes.

cut the lexan that i am using.  

{i took pictures of it too step by step as i think i am goign to do a tutorial over at PGforum if they will host it.  of course if someone here wants to host it i will send them the files. my bp sister leant us the camera.}

i then trimmed the lexan up a bit better, measured the center line and applied the printed paper to the back side of it. and took the soldering iron to trace out the image on the front of it.

i did this for each letter intending ot cut it out and re load it with red acrylic or so. or something blood red or maybe black i am unsure.

but it looked so good when i got done that i touched up a few areas and then i went and filled in the outline of the burns and burned[melted] the inside of the lines. and went back and sanded down the whole thing. with 400 grit. so that the front and back now have a blurred or smoky look to it.  and the rest has taken the rough edges off. so now i have a 18" piece of lexan with a 9 inch logo in it centered. its about 2.5" tall i would say the logo. and the lexan is a little over 4" tall.

i was going to lay this on the scanner but the jagoff that is searching the interent.[keep in mind there is free computers here but hes not using the scanner just using the only computer with a scanner to go search some britanny spears website.] well sorry for the rant.  :D i will post pics as soon as my bp can email me them from the camera. or put them on a disk

Jason Stout

Ansil:
Quote.........and took the soldering iron to trace out the image on the front of it.

Ansil, that turned out nice! I just hope your workspace has some good ventilation, I etched lexan in the lab at my college with a laser and forgot to turn on the exaust fan, I'll be frank - that sh!t stinks! Be careful man.
Jason Stout

sir_modulus

Lexan fumes are dangerous too (well more than solder fumes), to quite some extent so watch out.

Torchy

I did a panel for a custom-car in a similar style, a friend wanted his signature on the car centre-console.

I used a Dremel to etch out the 7mm perspex to half depth, then filled the rout with luminous paint mixed with liquid plastic and levelled off the back. Drilled 3mm holes into the edge and fitted some hi-bri blue LEDs. I smoked the front using some glass etchant spray very lightly. Result ... the logo looks 3D suspended in front of the panel.

petemoore

Mixing Stains...
 The one to try to get is: ZAR charcoal wood stain...might be hard to find, but for mixing stains, having this dark stuff to get the right light/dark value is IMO crucial...I searched and searched and finally found some more...nothing else around anywhere remotely like it.
  Then I have this Cherry Stain from Stewart McDonald, made for sunbursting or cherry guitars.
 Add to the collection some yellowish or orangeish stains, and you can get very nice looking mixes happening, I use this for matching finished woods gouges, and having the charcoal is mandatory IMO.
 Once you try mixing a bunch of stain mixes, I doubt you'll go back to the premixed stuff available at the hardware stores.
 Chuck removed the rest of the tolex from marshall head and scorched, sanded, then light stained, then clear coated it,,,,looked all burnt and very cool.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ansil

Quote from: Jason StoutAnsil:
Quote.........and took the soldering iron to trace out the image on the front of it.

Ansil, that turned out nice! I just hope your workspace has some good ventilation, I etched lexan in the lab at my college with a laser and forgot to turn on the exaust fan, I'll be frank - that sh!t stinks! Be careful man.

i have a very high powered fan on at all times blowing anything away from my face.  since i read all the solder fume stuff. i have become more conscious about fumes so i canablized a very fast pc fan. and i took an  ac lamp that i had that had a selectable half power switch but the stand was broken and i hotglued this fan on top built a rectifier and soldered it together while holding my breath. till i could get the fan working :D  really not joking i always hold my breath since i was a little kid soldering.  just didnt' like the smell but i can't smell now anyway but i dont' want to breathe that stuff.  so yes i have a well ventilated [hole in the roof. lol wiht high power fans.].  anjd i change my filters regularly.