Smallest ever Tube screamer? pics !

Started by MartyMart, September 06, 2004, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

This was done for fun over the weekend, i had a second tube reamer circuit and saw this tiny box !  I could'nt resist !!

http://www.pbase.com/image/33492582
http://www.pbase.com/image/33492596

The ruler is for scale, the box is 4.5cm square and it works !
had to place one pot on the side and the battery is external, they are 16mm pots, the wiring was a very "tiny nightmare"  !!
Enjoy,
Marty.
:D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Claus H

Cool..

What no room for the battery ?? :) :) :)

Claus H
"Ya' know, these days kids seem to be getting younger and younger." â€" David Foster

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Hal

cute box - what type is it ?

i dont think i would try to build an effect in that, but maybe an a/b switch....

Marcos - Munky

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

cd

You've seen the Guyatone OD-2, right? :) :)

MartyMart

Thanks Guys ! !
It was a quick build, just working out where it would all go/wiring took a little time !
The box is another "BIMBOX"  ala Pete `Cornish, it cost me 3 bucks !
would be a great size for an A/B box ..... just !
Marty. ( Mad Marty  perhaps ? )
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

lightningfingers

U N D E F I N E D

MarkB

somewhere deep in the archives is a pic of a Dist+ that Alfonso Hermida did... the size of a US Quarter...  pretty neat.

Nice work on that!
"-)

Alex C

Here's the link to Alfonso's Dist. + thread: http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=8089&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The picture doesn't work anymore, but you can read their discussion.  Apparently he used SMT components.  Sounds awesome.

Alex

MartyMart

Hey Lightningfingers, nice to find another "UK" based stomp nut called Martin !
Yeah, its a Maplins special !!  VERY tight fit though, i would'nt recommend it to anyone !
Got to go back to Maplins today, have two small DPDT switches which both sheared off when i fitted them to an enclosure !!
There's almost no metal connecting the shaft to the wiring block !!!  so you can't tighten them much at all.
Dist+ the size of a Quarter !  I'm Beat  !!  back to Hammond BB for me.
Regards,
Martin.

lightningfingers

QuoteHey Lightningfingers, nice to find another "UK" based stomp nut called Martin

Very cool :mrgreen:

QuoteYeah, its a Maplins special !! VERY tight fit though, i would'nt recommend it to anyone !
Got to go back to Maplins today, have two small DPDT switches which both sheared off when i fitted them to an enclosure !!

Don't shop at Maplin if you can help it. They Suck. But I won't get started now, there's plenty of "hammer Maplin" threads in the archives.  :lol:
U N D E F I N E D