A bit OT: DIY metronome.

Started by Mihkel, September 07, 2004, 03:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mihkel

Can I add a small speaker to this schem? I'd like to keep it as simple as possible

freebird1127

Maybe a piezo buzzer?  I'm not completely familiar with the operation, but if I remember correctly piezos generate tone off of a DC voltage.  Someone else will have to elaborate...
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Piezo buzzers are confusing, because there are two things some people call piezo buzzers:
1. the element itself,
and 2. the element with built in oscillator.

In any case, the circuit shown might not work, because it is designed specifically for the led. But, by all means try putting a piezo element across the diode! you should hear a click as the diode goes on and off.
There are many 555 based metronomes that I think would be likelier.

Mihkel

Ok, thanks for the replies. I actually have a piezo buzzer at home. Not just the element, it beeps  :P . I'll see what i can do.

Paul Marossy

There is a 555 based metronome in one of those $1.49 RadioShack 555 circuit books. A very simple build. I just saw it last night...

bazzwazzle

Paul Marossy

I forget the author's name, but that little metronome circuit is pretty cool...

Mihkel

Paul Marossy

Going from memory, that looks just like the schematic in the RadioShack book I was referring to...

EDIT: Forest Mimms, that's that guy's name, isnt it!? (the guy who wrote those $1.49 books for RadioShack)