Re: Yardbirds and Hendrix

Started by video_dude, September 07, 2004, 03:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

video_dude

What is the best pedal for the lead feedback sound in the Yarbirds song
" Over Under Sideways Down", "Shapes of Things" and "New York City blues". I think they used the Tone Bender Mark II unit. Is this the pedal or is there another one for this type of lead sound.

Also what setup or pedal did Hendrix use for "Red House".
:D
thx

LinuxMan

Heh.

That's a two wrong Hendrix name spells in one post. You beat the record! ;)

Anyhow, my guess is he used an overdriven amp (or maybe a bit of fuzz face).

Cheers
LM

Marcos - Munky

I saw in a DVD that when he was starting the song, he changed some settings in the amp, but maybe he changed the EQ section. A Ge Fuzz Face with the guitar volume rolled down a little will do the job.

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
     All of the Yardbirds stuff with Jeff Beck playing guitar was a Tonebender MK I  [ two transistors and two knobs].
On some versions of "Red House" Hendrix used the Axis Fuzz  [Roger Mayer circuit].
Brian.

petemoore

Sounds like a Rangemaster [with that .0047uf input cap] driving a FF [that would be 2 tranny's, or something similar like a TB with a smaller input cap.
 Not much bass in the sound.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
   Yeah, that was the idea behind the Axis....cut out the "mush" and excess low-end of the Fuzz Faces  [Mayer never liked the Fuzz Face circuit.]
Brian.

video_dude

I stand corrected - edited it (Hendrix). Thanks for the inputs. Maybe I'll tweak on the the Tone Burner circuit I saw on a site.