OT RIP Don Leslie

Started by Rodgre, September 07, 2004, 03:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgre

The inventor of the box which we're all trying our damndest to simulate with our Univibes, Phasors, Flangers and Chorus pedals, Don Leslie, has passed away at his California home at the age of 93.

Someone on another forum already made the "he must be spinning in his grave" joke.

Here's to ya, sir!

Roger
[/url]

puretube

The Tone God

Claus H

"Ya' know, these days kids seem to be getting younger and younger." â€" David Foster

Peter Snowberg

You have to go sometime..... 93 is a good long life.

Thank you Mr. Leslie! :D 8) R.I.P.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

David

He's probably doing a concert for God right now.  Brand-spanking NOS B-3, just uncrated today, and a bank of 147s all spinning their rotators off!

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: Peter SnowbergYou have to go sometime..... 93 is a good long life.

Yeah.

R.I.P.

Lonestarjohnny

When I get older, Looseing my Hair, many year's from now - will ya still love me, will ya still feed me, when i'm 93 !
Nice Live, Hope he enjoyed it,
Johnny

RDV

R.I.P.(Rotate In Peace)

RDV

David

Quote from: RDVR.I.P.(Rotate In Peace)

RDV

Now, THERE'S a positive "spin"  :wink:  on a negative bit of news!

Mr. Leslie, you will be missed by keyboardists and axeslingers alike.

Jim Jones

Just read about this - a shame, he invented my favourite "effect" ever.

Jim

David

Quote from: Claus HSad sad sad..

Claus H

You know what's REALLY sad about the whole thing?  The world's priorities are so seriously screwed up that I'll bet 9 in 10 people don't know who Don Leslie was!  I sure am glad I'm part of the 10% in the know...

Claus H

Quote from: David
Quote from: Claus HSad sad sad..

Claus H

You know what's REALLY sad about the whole thing?  The world's priorities are so seriously screwed up that I'll bet 9 in 10 people don't know who Don Leslie was!  I sure am glad I'm part of the 10% in the know...

Sorry I did not know Don personally but I was aware and have nothing but respect of his contributions to the music industry.. I am sad that all the father of the modern music industry are all passing away..

I am more sad if I pissed anybody off here..Sorry

Claus H

Don Leslie
"Ya' know, these days kids seem to be getting younger and younger." â€" David Foster

David

Claus:

You didn't upset anyone at all.  We agree with you!  We all agree that the passing of Mr. Leslie is a sad thing for those of us in the know.  But it's even sadder for those who aren't in the know.  They don't know what they don't know.

That HAS to be the coffee...  I have never waxed philosophical in my life.  Holy cow, I sound like Mark Hammer or something!

sir_modulus

my hat (actually I don't own a hat) comes off to the man who made Hendrix and others with their crazy Vibes possible! Kudos to the man who made the one thing were all trying to remake..........................rotating speaker cabitnets!!!!!

R.I.P (read RDV for the meaning)

EDIT: the most wierd thing is that I was listening to All along the Watchtower while doing this :shock: pretty freaky.

Nish