I made a radio?

Started by Tony, September 08, 2004, 09:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Hi,

I put together an oscillator with a ring mod and found it picked up a radio station... How do you remedy that?

I might just keep it that way for my own use.

Thanks,
Tony

markr04

Off the top of my head, I suggest shielding it with copper.
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

RDV

Try a small value cap to ground on the input. Just remember if you go to large you'll cut highs along with the RF.

RDV

bazzwazzle

Quote from: RDVTry a small value cap to ground on the input. Just remember if you go to large you'll cut highs along with the RF.

RDV

what would you consider a good value to start with.

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Tony

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I just had a vision.. a radio in a wah case, you tune it by foot!! could be a good party trick, tune around & then play along!! I'd pay to see that! (once..)

bazzwazzle

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)I just had a vision.. a radio in a wah case, you tune it by foot!! could be a good party trick, tune around & then play along!! I'd pay to see that! (once..)

ya and then you have a switch to go back to normal and use the wah again normally. Sweeeeeeeet... :D

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

There are different ways of tuning FM radios, but at one stage they were controlled by a pot generating a control voltage that changed the capacitance of a varactor diode (a reverse biassed diode with an inbuilt capacitance that changes from 3 to 20 pf or so). Then therr are digital ones with an up/down autoseek..