maxon booster pics!!!

Started by mongo, September 08, 2004, 04:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

Hello Hello,

Look what I found!

This are two versions  of the same design, if you look at the PCB it's practically the same! one thing: they are not wired the same!

I think this is another candidate for the geniuses on this forum to clone, I think this is doable  from this pics, what do you think???

If you want more pics just let me know!!

Andy

Mike Burgundy

I've been looking at the last two pics and can't make heads nor tails from this.
It looks like you should have a perfect overlay if you mirror the parts pic ("turn it over") and then rotate it once counter clockwise. This looks like it corresponds to the pot and switch position, but there's no way I can find the transistor pads!!
With clearer pics it should be no problem at all - simple circuit, probably buffer-diode clipper, buffer/booster or something.

gez

I have a Maxon treble booster which comes in the same package.  Sounds awful and gives you earache.  Almost an exact copy of the EH Screaming Tree/bird/headache...

Are these just as bad?  :)
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

cd

The last two pics are from two different versions.

cd

Upon further inspection, it's a transistor Muff Fuzz, like this one here:

http://www.montagar.com/~patj/ehbsters.gif (top right corner, the one with two transistors and clipping diodes)

The only difference (aside from the component values) is that the clipping diodes go to ground, not 9V.  What are the values of all the caps and resistors and type of transistors?  And what is the voltage drop of the diodes?

mongo

How do I measure those voltage drop of the diodes  things? I'm practically an electronics  Newbie...

andy

cd

Quote from: mongoHow do I measure those voltage drop of the diodes  things? I'm practically an electronics  Newbie...

andy

Do you have a multimeter?