TS Clone Schematic Check

Started by mlabbee, September 09, 2004, 01:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlabbee

Hi all:

The schematic for the TS clone I recently breadboarded is at labbee.com (sorry the image is large, but I'm still learning all this web stuff).  I was wondering if y'all could take a look and let me know if you catch any errors or have any suggestions before I start working on the PCB layout.  It switches between two clipping circuits.  The two diode version has the classic TS sound and the LED one has less distortion, but a really nice fat tone.

All input appreciated.  If anyone is interested, I'll post the PCB layout when I'm done, too.

Thanks!

mike
[/img]

cd

Fix is in red below.  Your HPF/gain set resistor isn't connected to anything.

http://img81.exs.cx/img81/4669/TSClone1copy.gif

mlabbee

siaoguitar

hi, i  m planning to build a TS myself, may i know Which is the best?
there are so many schematic on the net, in generalguitargadgets, tonepad....etc.The reliable & correct ones please?
Anyone used them to build theirs?

Fret Wire

Both Tonepad and GGG have excellent TS projects. They're both clear, easy to follow, and have good wiring layouts. Take your pick. The only consideration is that Tonepad's pcb will fit in a 1590b box, if that even matters to you.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

mlabbee

I started with the Technology of the Tube Screamer article on geofex.com and then downloaded everything I could find on these types of distortions - the Cook your own distortion article and the simple mods articles were very good.  All of the schematics I've found for the TS's are pretty much the same, so I started with the basic circuit and tried a wide variety of options and mods.  Most of the mods I tried had a very subtle effect, so I stuck with the two clipping approaches that had the most distinct sounds and went from there.

siaoguitar

Hi, mlabee,can you post some link to some of the TS mod available?
would like to try them, thanks!
GOD BLESS!

mlabbee