Tube Reamer Question

Started by tungngruv, September 09, 2004, 11:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

Is there a more detailed layout diagram of the "Tube Reamer"? I'v got the perfboard done and the gain pot wired but I'm not sure about all the other connections(volume, input and output jacks...). My experience is three pedals, all worked but I was spoiled by the detailed Small Bear project and JD Sleep's layout diagrams. I know this is basic so I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks for any help.

GreenEye

I'm also gathering parts for a tube reamer (my second build)!  It sounds like you're almost done.  General Guitar Gadgets' negative ground layouts for any pedal and Small Bears' tweak-o layout should be adequate for the ins and outs, true bypass, dc jack, etc.  If nothing else, at GGG, in the tech area, there's every layout imaginable to connect the off board components, even two units in one box.  Basically, that's why runoffgroove doesn't show off board components - they're pretty much all the same (as they indicate in their FAQ section).  Do it up like whatever pedal you did before.  You do need to know what the "in" and "out" of your signal is, but I think that's indicated on the schem.  You could also use Radio Shack alligator clips on the ends of leads from the boards to experiment on what goes where.  Hope that helps.

Michael Allen

Pretty sketchy but it should help you out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/soma_hero/tubeream_partlay.png

I just put one of these together last night. Excellent...

GreenEye

Ask and ye shall receive.  wow

tungngruv

Thanks guys, I LOVE this place.