How Does NI Guitar Rig Footpedal Work?

Started by Frankgb, September 10, 2004, 06:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankgb

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with Native Instruments Guitar Rig???

It uses a footpedal connected to one of your soundcard inputs to adjust parameters within the program, the pedal has a 9v supply.  Wouldn't 9v DC kill the soundcard????

I'm asking coz I'm starting to play around with Synthedit and wondered if it's possible to knock something up to control Synthedit parameters.

cheers

FRank

backintheussa

I actually know nothing about the pedal, but there was a thread about this earlier. Heres the link to it:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=23273

travissk

I think this was mentioned in the other thread, but I've heard somewhere that the control signals are sent on one channel, and your guitar is sent on the other. It's a stereo cable, and it accepts a monaural guitar, so you have that other channel open.

Nonstandard data signals, I'm sure, but SynthEdit might have enough tools to deal with them.

Ansil

Quote from: FrankgbHi,

Is anyone familiar with Native Instruments Guitar Rig???

It uses a footpedal connected to one of your soundcard inputs to adjust parameters within the program, the pedal has a 9v supply.  Wouldn't 9v DC kill the soundcard????

I'm asking coz I'm starting to play around with Synthedit and wondered if it's possible to knock something up to control Synthedit parameters.

cheers

FRank

email him he is quite pleasant to talk to..

ExpAnonColin

It would be interesting, stupid, and dangerous to try putting various control voltages into the second channel and seeing if you could get Guitar Rig to do anything.

-Colin