Anyone wanna draw a Red Llama PCB?

Started by bobbletrox, September 10, 2004, 11:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbletrox

I've been trying to squeeze my Red Llama perf into a small BB-sized PCB layout for a few months, but I'll be darned if I can work a small, efficient one out.  

So yeah, if anyone wants to give it a go, I'm sure there are alot of folks -besides just me- who would appriciate being able to build this great sounding tube sound fuzz variant.

Here's the schematic: Red Llama

LinuxMan

Heh.

Let the flaming commence. ;)

Cheers
LM

bobbletrox

Jeorge from Way Huge has said he doesn't mind people posting schematics to his pedals, and it'd be a breach of copyright for anyone to sell a pedal using a layout posted here without the author's permission anyway.

Not everyone is a shady pedal cloner out to make a quick buck.  :?

LinuxMan

Ok.

Hmm... I don't really know if it's OK to post WayHuge schematics, but thats
another subject...

The main thing is, that the circuit is really so small, you could easily fit it in
the smallest of PCBs (yet alone in the BB sized box)...

Cheers
LM

Michael Allen

I just drew up a quick sketch and it's twice the width of a CD4049. You could fit this in an altoids tin. I've heard of this box and I'd be interested in putting a project up on my site if there are no objections. What do you guys think? Would that be wrong?

Fret Wire

I'd love a pcb layout of the lama. I've been wanting to try some 4049 based ckts. I still have to try Michael's layout of the 3-legged dog. Gringo did some awesome pcb work on ROG's amp sims, most will fit in a 1590b. I think that even though it's not Jeorge's pcb or layout, it would be better to leave it to direct emailing than to post on a site.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Michael Allen

Ok i've got one, if you folks want....

bobbletrox

Twice the width of the IC?  :shock:   Now that's small!  :o

I don't see why anyone would object with this becoming a normal DIY project.  The Red Llama is simple and sounds great.  Just make sure you state that your layouts aren't to be used for profit.

Way Huge stopped making pedals 5 years ago, and the 'Llama is a tweaked Craig Anderson circuit.  Making your own Red Llama for personal use isn't hurting either of them.

toneman

Just "name" it something else...(?)
How bout "TubeSoundFuzz"???
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
now *that* would b a different animal!
Make it Waaaay Small in a teenytiny case,
& U can call it the........
WaySmall (pickcolor) (pick animal)
LOL!!!!!!!
tb
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Fret Wire

MXR meets Way Huge: "Micro Lama"
Of course if you put a Swollen Pickle in a 1590b, you have to be careful:
No female guitar player's are going to be interested in a "Micro Pickle". :roll:

Bubbletrox: I hear what you're saying, and you're right. That was just my two cents.

There's no reason that couldn't be a 1590b sized layout.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

bobbletrox

Quote from: Fret WireThere's no reason that couldn't be a 1590b sized layout.

That'd be a nice little pedal I reckon.

I've had the name "Thermal Pod" kicking around for a while...so maybe that's what I'll call my Red Llama in a B-sized enclosure when it's finished!  8)

"Hey guys!  Check out my Thermal Pod!"  

...errr...ok...

Ansil

sinc it is reallyt onbly usuing two inverters what about using a dual nandgate.

Michael Allen

I'm going to try and use the unused inverters for the millenium C indicator. I'll try and finish today...

Michael Allen

Here it is.

Red Llama PDF

I hope you guys can put er together fast. I'm interested in hearing it.[/url]

axr

mikeb

bobbletrox

Lonestarjohnny

All I get is restricted site, ?????
Johnny

Michael Allen

hmm....I don't know how to help you guys. The file works for me, it could be a difference in Acrobat versions. And I don't know about the restrictions. If someone wants to download and host it on another site thats cool.

axr