Funny "MOJO" stuff

Started by Joe Hart, September 11, 2004, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripthorn

I dig the Volnott pedal, why didn't I think of that proprietary circuit earlier?  Man, now I have to "shell" out 385 bucks. Dang.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

mikemaddux

Make sure you use slot head screws to close it up!

XXX-tra mojo if they are gold!!!
Completed Builds: A lot...

bayonetblue

http://www.nathanmarciniak.com/elemental/

Now that is funnnyyy stuff....My favorite is the HoleyStone... Which is basically a rock with a hole drilled in it and a tube stuck in.

MovingInSloMo

Did I tell you about my new plans? First my company will sell dedicated wind turbine power sources and mojo enhancing storage cells and a specialized filtering system for consistent clean ZINGY energized power. Then we will couple it with oxygen free gold titanium ionide cable and plugs, into special gold treated jacks. Second we'll have [insert famous guitar player/tone junkie] play through a limited batch of our boutique mojo-tone pedals, using only mojo-ed parts. We'll send the said "tone spiritiualized" pedals at a $500 plus markup because said guitar player transferred his energy into them. After the initial run, no more will ever be made thus ensuring those who have one will have ultimate bragging rights for eternity. Or until lung cancer kills them, because even organic tobacco is bad for you. Third add an amp engineered and tested at the Bell sound labs for ultimate ear pleasing sound enhancements. Tonal nirvana. Mojo orgasms of fiery electricity, that course straight to your inner being and into to your SOUUULL. Empty your wallets now. Quick before someone less deserving beats you to it!!

puretube

(picture courtesy of Farnell, see link):

10µ/630V and less...  :icon_eek:

puretube

pictures from the gorgeous dealer for tube-related (exotic) stuff:

http://www.askjanfirst.com/

get your kits directly from Jan!
cool & correct service & handling - strongly recommended!

don`t miss his new-production (!) variable capacitors, once you`re there...

:icon_cool:   :icon_biggrin:   :icon_idea:

mharris80

Quote from: solderman on January 09, 2009, 06:06:38 AM
Hi

This is two quotes from Fulltone.com site about the  Mini-DejáVibe:

1. The bulb: getting the correct Voltage rating on this is no big deal, but  does size really matter? Yes, but don't look at the size of the Glass, look at the size of the Filament (wire inside the glass)! We got it right.. And this is crucial to achieve the correct amount of brightness... it also has to flash consistently at all speeds. Our does.

2. The Photocells: we're the only small company who can quite frankly afford to have the correct Glass covered, hermetically sealed photocells Custom-made

Man are they for real ?? do they actual believe or should we be considered stupid Customers with mojo in mind??
The right amount of light with in frequency and the right Resistance and speed from the LDR will fix it regardless of brand.
Why not just say as it is: "We make relyable and durable clones of known good sounding vintage effects" 

//Solderman

Mike's lips--------------------->TGP's ears.  Just saying  ::)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

ClinchFX

Quote from: puretube on June 07, 2009, 06:00:25 AM

pictures from the gorgeous dealer for tube-related (exotic) stuff:

http://www.askjanfirst.com/

get your kits directly from Jan!
cool & correct service & handling - strongly recommended!

don`t miss his new-production (!) variable capacitors, once you`re there...

:icon_cool:   :icon_biggrin:   :icon_idea:

This reminds me that, during my first round of electronics studies between 1967 and 1970, one of our lab projects was using valves (tubes) to build modules which, when combined, constituted a television monitor that displayed a right-to-left reversed TV picture on a CRO.
ClinchFX Hand Made Effects Pedals

http://www.clinchfx.com

puretube

Quote from: ClinchFX on June 08, 2009, 07:52:20 AM

This reminds me that, during my first round of electronics studies between 1967 and 1970, one of our lab projects was using valves (tubes) to build modules which, when combined, constituted a television monitor that displayed a right-to-left reversed TV picture on a CRO.

On the other side of the pond,
my biggest (electronix-) fun in the mid 60`s was producing curves and spirals on 17 to 23 inch TV-CRTs
as psychedelic large-screen lightshows hooked to the radio/pickup/tape-amp,
and inserting a z-control for flashlight-effects.
(well isolated, of course, to also use them ole B&W TVs as a scope...)

`t was cool!  :icon_biggrin:

GREEN FUZ

ClinchFX

Quote from: puretube on June 10, 2009, 10:00:48 AM
On the other side of the pond,
my biggest (electronix-) fun in the mid 60`s was producing curves and spirals on 17 to 23 inch TV-CRTs
as psychedelic large-screen lightshows hooked to the radio/pickup/tape-amp,
and inserting a z-control for flashlight-effects.
(well isolated, of course, to also use them ole B&W TVs as a scope...)

`t was cool!  :icon_biggrin:

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that.  TV was relatively new here in Oz in the 60s and there were very few available for experimenting, but the college where I was studying had a special large format classroom scope that was just a modified TV.  We had a lot of fun with it. :icon_lol:
ClinchFX Hand Made Effects Pedals

http://www.clinchfx.com

Hupla

Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

GREEN FUZ

It`s actually magic silence. I`m listening to it right now. As I look from my window a pair of doves are contentedly shagging and I feel bathed in tranquility, secure in the knowledge that Dr.DeMento and the $#!+birds are being kept at bay.

That whole thread is a treasure-trove of quotes. It`s difficult to know where to start.

newfish

.MP3 file available for download.

Very generous of them I thought - even if this is only only contains 300 or so Milli-Mojons (for this must surely be the unit of measure) of an uncompressed .wav file.

I'm guessing 300 or so as Mojons increase exponentially the longer you are exposed to them.

Like *exotic* diseases, allegedly.

I've read the article / thread all the way through and I have to say I feel better already.

It must be the Mojons.   Or Caffeine.  Or the lovely girls here in the office...   :icon_wink:
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

newfish

GREEN FUZ

Aha!!! So that`s what Jack White has on top of his amp.

R O Tiree

What a klutz.

TEH CLICKY

How exactly does "burning in" a bunch of Taiwan-Blue 3PDTs and some "mil-spec pre-bonded wire" make it sound better?
...you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way...

newfish

...maybe it proves it ain't bust before they ship it.

I thought that "burning in" a Taiwan Blue 3DPDT meant over-heating it with your soldering iron.

...How are these things "tested in a live-style setting"?  There's no Beer / dust / ladies undergarments on them.

I wonder if they've read the thread on click-free switching, and the arguments against this type of switch.