Need help about a dual channel fuzz pedal???

Started by gaddargaddar, September 14, 2004, 02:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaddargaddar

I'd like to built a dual channel fuzz pedal...Does anybody know how to do it???At least give some tips...Also I'll use electronic switching(I couldn't find dpdt switches in here)...I also would like to use transistors for both channels instead of op-amps or CMOS chips...but if you know about those also I'd like hear them also...

Anyway Thanks again for everybody's patience

I forgot to tell I built for my bass guitar...One channel will be the a modified buzz box(runoffgroove.com) like circuit(I use BC108 for the first transistor the caps are different etc...)I'm waiting for the suggestions about the second channel... I could send the schematic to anyone who sends an e-mail to me...

gaddargaddar@yahoo.com
support music,not rumors

petemoore

Big Muff? has been suggested and reported to do well on bass, maybe a couple mods...
 The easiest way to do the switching is with 2 DPDT [or 3PDT] switches. used to bypass each effect individually [2 switches], or different wiring so one switch to choose one side or the other, and the other switch to bypass the box [2 switches].
 Either wiring of the 2 switches gets you the same thing, but the second way, if you hit the for total bypass...
 Since you're talking about effects that are pretty intense by themselves, having the one switch for one or the other and the other switch for total bypass would be the way I'd go.
 If you think you want both effects chained, put a bypass on each one.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Steben

I would go for a bass tube screamer with a larger cap to ground in the gain stage. Tube screamer is very soft drive, buzz fuzz very hard clipping.
Big muff is maybe too subtle between?
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Steben

I would change the TS 0.047 cap to 0.68 or 1.0.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

gaddargaddar

What do you t'hnk about adding a wah circuit at the end of a classic fuzz face???I wan't a crunchy one...:) (I had a digitech BP-50 and when I add cry baby on the fuzz it sounds really good but not as good as an anaolog pedal)That's why I am making a dual channel fuzz pedal...

I want the switch configuration like that one switch bypasses the whole pedal and the other one have to change the channels...Here comes the tricky part I also want to mix those two channels when I push both switches at the same time(like the zvex's dual channel distortion...sorry I forgot its name...really sorry) That's the idea...I think I can handle all from beginning to the tricky...That's why I am asking about the switching,I also have to use electronic switching becouse I couldn't reach DPDT or 3PDT switches here...

Thanks again for all of your patience...I'm a newbie that why I am learning so slow...
By the way "petemoore", could you show me what  you're telling with some sort of chart at least a web link which shows that kind of stuff, I would be really glad...

Thanks again...
support music,not rumors