News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Auto Wah

Started by Mihkel, September 12, 2004, 04:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mihkel

Can anyone recommend some good simple auto wah projects to build? I'm thinking about building the Idiot Wah, but I'd be happy to see some other schematics.

Thanks

markusw

Mihkel

That looks a bit too complicated for me, but thanks anyway.

lightningfingers

The idiot wah is a manual wah, but you can easily mod it for envelope control. Or there are some other really simple env. followers on tims site.

HiH
U N D E F I N E D

Marcos - Munky

There's a simple auto wah in my site.

Mihkel

Quote from: lightningfingersThe idiot wah is a manual wah, but you can easily mod it for envelope control.
HiH

How could I do that?

Thanks

Mark Hammer

The DR Quack/Nurse Quacky version of the original Dr Q circuit is a pretty failsafe design.  There are the usual sources of difficulty that occur in building *anything*, or in getting *any* envelope-controlled filter to work, but nothing that is intrinsically problematic about this circuit.

Not a staggeringly mind-altering sound, but a classic one, quite usable, and a relatively easy and cheap build with easy-to-get parts.

STOMPmole

It's pretty simple to go down to your local "GC" or online to "MF" and plunk down $50 for a Digitech SynthWah.  I'm not trying to be a smart-@$$ but if you're scared to build most of the basic auto wahs you'd probably have better (guaranteed) results just buying a pre-made pedal...you'd also save some money and a big headache as well.  

The Mutron isn't THAT difficult IMO!

Sic

nurse quacky was a fun build, my first with an op-amp, i just used the home-wrecker.com layout, had to do it twice, but thats cause i had some wrong parts... works well now =D sounds cool

Mihkel

Excuse my ignorance here, but is the KechiWah an Autowah?