Calling markusw, McMeat with colour mod finally boxed!

Started by Gripp, September 12, 2004, 10:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gripp

Hi there!
Finally boxed it. Too many other projects besides stompboxbuilding...

Just wanted to tell you that the colour mod helped my McMeat as well.
The colour control now works more smoothly and the range increased ( I guess not an actual increase but a consequence of the more linerized behaviour showed in your plot).

So thanks for that tip!
For those of you wondering what the colour mod is check:http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=20827&highlight=mcmeat

Btw, have you experimented with different control pedals for the intensity control? I must sit down and do some serious pot math and/or modding of pedal/intensity section as I want a smooth and wide ranging pedal control. Something not present now.

Best!/
Pelle Garpebring

markusw

Great to hear that it was not a bug in my McMeat.  :D

Regarding control pedals, I hav´nt connected any to mine up to now. But there is some info about the settings for using an expression pedal with the Meatball @ http://www.dinosaural.com/products_bespeco.asp, the homepage of the company that sells two of the Lovetone boxes including the Meatball. They also offer an expression pedal for some of the Lovetones with a 20k lin pot. So this should be a value to start with. I am curious to hear what works best in your hands.

Good luck,

Markus

Gripp

If there's a bug then theres two :wink:

Yeah, I saw the recommended expression pedal and I actually have a 20k expression pedal lying around (old organ type). It measures good, polarity is wrong (sweeps wrong way) but it gives some insight to how a 20k pedal would function.
So far, it doesn't work that great. Most of the action is in one sweet spot and the range is very much limited. My old pedal also has some mechanical problems because you really have to lean on it to go to zero, but still, I think some more tinkering with pot values/setup is in order.

Best!/
Pelle Garpebring