New Pedal, sort of. EH Transformer and tubes used.

Started by william, September 13, 2004, 10:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Puretube, the only thing about the EH enclosure is that I wish there was a tube socket hole in there. That way I mount a 9 pin ceramic into the pedal. Also a place for the EH toroidal.

Hmmmm do you have a picture of the inside of your pedal? That was I can see how you mounted your transformer and tubes?

Thanks,

Aron

I guess I will order a few.

SeanCostello

Is there a link for the EHX tube pedal enclosure? I was looking for this last week, and couldn't find any link for it.

Thanks,

Sean Costello

aron

william

Thank you for the suggestion PureTube, I had considered radial caps but decided they were too tall.  After your suggetion I double checked and they're not as tall as I expected.  I've updated my parts list and pcb and will use radial caps.

puretube

there are 2 tube-holes cut out;
I/E-H use ceramic PCB-sockets for the tubes;
PCB is hung up in the box with (plastic) PCB-mount in-/out-jacks,
and a stand-off, which is located between the tube-holes;
the "height" of the standoff (=space between PCB and top of the box)
allows for radial caps;
the tubes will stick out ~ 1 inch or less thru the top, and are protected by the hood ("grille"), which itself is mounted with 2 screwable standoffs;

william

Sorry to resurect a post from so long ago.  I was just browsing on geofx and noticed an article on using high voltage mosfets in place of a tube cathode follower.  I'm thinking this might make the design easier.  I'm worried about using a jfet at the input might alter the sound in the following stages.  According the Geofx, the mosfet cathode follower can be used without major changes to the circuit, and doesn't alter the sound in a noticble manner.  So I'm thinking of changing the design to a mosfet chathode follower.  This will free up some room I think.  If I change the 78L09 to a 78L12 I could add a lm386 power amp in the extra room.  Could be a fun little amp at that point.  What can of worms am I about to open with this line of thought?  Anyone have a thought.