That splat of ages - Neil Young's Deluxe tone

Started by Mark Hammer, September 13, 2004, 03:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

I've seen a number of surplus places (Alltronics comes to mind) selling motoroized pots for $10@ or less.

EdJ

And what would the rest be;switching between predeterminated resistances?Like he says he can switch between his amp volume at 12 and at 10 and a half.That would be measuring the different resistances that the pot makes,change that with normal resistors and make a switching system between that that drives the motors on top of the amp or am i completely wrong here?
Ed

Mark Hammer

It's probably posted somewhere (and I'm probably mistaken on what was written) but I seem to recall that he has presets stored.  I don't think the actual amp itself has motorized pots.  Rather, it has a means of mechanically *turning* the pots.  If your own intention is to simply control the amp remotely, then motorized pots and a footswitch for "more" and "less" for each pot is enough.  Storing presets starts to get into programming and digital control.  Out of my league.

aaronkessman

yeah. the point of the wizzer is so that the amp remains untouched. they are little motorized caps that fit on the vol/tone knobs.

eaze

Explanations of Mark and aaronkessman are correct.