Ivan's coming...I'm going

Started by Ed G., September 14, 2004, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hunker down, Phillip!  Prayers comin' your way that everything stays quiet down at Fuzz Central!

Anybody heard from Clay yet?

StephenGiles

Hope you guys are all OK. It's interesting that it takes a hurricane to shift the focus of attention from the rather hideous CNN coverage of the on going election shout-a-bout from all concerned. We only receive 4 out of the 5 terrestial channels in England, so if a hotel TV picks up cable or satelite, it's quite a novelty. We found the Columbia news channel far superior, and the lady presenter was a real good looker!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

gez

Quote from: StephenGilesWe only receive 4 out of the 5 terrestial channels in England, so if a hotel TV picks up cable or satelite, it's quite a novelty

If it's channel 5 you can't get you're not missing much.  As Adam Faith said just before he died "Channel 5 is all shit, isn't it? Christ, the crap they put on there. It's a waste of space"

Yes, these really were his last words!

RIP
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

David

Umm, sorry, Doug.  I had no idea.   :oops:

aron

I get tired of all the DOOM prophets saying that the storm _may_ do this or that.... I mean the worst possible predictions. They did it 3 times in a row.  :(

David

Quote from: aronI get tired of all the DOOM prophets saying that the storm _may_ do this or that.... I mean the worst possible predictions. They did it 3 times in a row.  :(

When they get done with hurricane season, they head north to the Midwest for the winter and WE get to listen to the DOOM!  I can just hear it now...

"Five to eight inches of new snow tomorrow morning for drive time.  The snow will melt by 11AM, but a cold front out of the Arctic will turn this melted snow to ice by 2PM.  Clearing skies will cause falling temperatures the rest of the day, producing seven more inches by tonight."

Lovely.  I can hardly wait!   :evil:  :evil:

Chris R

Quote from: David
Quote from: Chris Ri made it through clarlie and frances here in orlando.. no major damage to my stuff.. but the apartment i'm in has lots of water damage.  I was out of electricity for about a week.. etc

good luck ed.

C

Was all of Orlando affected?  Is the power back on now?

i guess all of orlando was affected.. but not all of it was hit hard... yeah powers back on.

sorry for the late reply

C

David

Quote from: Chris R
Quote from: David
Quote from: Chris Ri made it through clarlie and frances here in orlando.. no major damage to my stuff.. but the apartment i'm in has lots of water damage.  I was out of electricity for about a week.. etc

good luck ed.

C

Was all of Orlando affected?  Is the power back on now?

i guess all of orlando was affected.. but not all of it was hit hard... yeah powers back on.

sorry for the late reply

C

No sweat.  Glad you checked in!

casey

hey ed g.

looks like we are almost neighbors down in here in La.
i decided to go to little rock for an extended vacation.
Casey Campbell