My second effect.

Started by crazybuilder, September 16, 2004, 11:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazybuilder

My first effect was my version of a fuzz face and I had to do some tweekin on it to get it sounding good, but them i finally did. So I was ready to attemp my second effect, a Maxon TS-808 Tube Screamer. I posted a pic of it and my third effect's circuit boards in a recent post and I just tonight, got done wiring up the 808 and fired it up for the first time  :(  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate this stuff.

HaHa j/k

IT WORKED!!! Right off the bat no hum pure sound and that great 808 tone!

I am so pumped!   Ready to finish the Orange Squeezer!

Anyway for a 17 y/o guy I guess thats pretty good!

-Jason

Lonestarjohnny

Nuttin Like The Real Thang, too KooooooL !  8)
Johnny

Marcos - Munky

Cool. I'm 16 (almost 17). I started to build effects when I was 13/14, but I don't remember about anything that worked when I was 13 :P. I need to try a TS someday. I built the ROG Tube Reamer two days ago and I really liked it.

petemoore

All good stuff...Yesterday I discovered a 4M7 should be a 4k7 in Stompbox Alexa...A TS type build...no buffers...
 I never had all the luck with building TS's but the Alexa sounds and works great !!! Comparitevly easy to build too!!! Great control of Tone...my TS's always seemed to miss having that 20k reverse log [or whatever it is that I never had for the tone knob]. Alexa has that nice little high end rolloff in addition to the Tone Knob which works 'right' [which I have as a 100k with a 33k across the outer lugs].
  I was up playing this one for a long time last night, it's providing a 'new [to my pallete] sound. Much more max drive and more variable tones than any of my previous numerous TS type builds, must be my builds were'nt TS lucky cause you guys seem to have less complaints about TS performance.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

Hey Pete,
where is that TS that you're talking about ??
Built a "Reamer" which i love, but could handle a real one now !!
Thanks.......
Marty.

Marcos, glad you like the Reamer- V - Nice  8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Marcos - Munky

Yeah, it's a cool unit. Hey Pete, I found the schematic for the Alexa and your text about the mods yesterday. Looks very interesting. And Jason, do you have some photos?

Paul Marossy

I really like my TS808 clone. I built the GGG version.

Danny G

The TS-808 clone I just built has peplaced my DIY Keeley-modded Blues Driver on my pedal board.  A very cool feeling to add something to your board that you built yourself!