Voltages at Q2 (GGG Boutique Fuzz Face PNP)

Started by Mann, September 17, 2004, 08:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mann

I built a GGG Boutique Fuzz Face PNP version with AC128 transistors
and measured the voltage at Q2's collector and tried to adjust it with
the trimmer but never could get below 5 V (Q1 was ok).
Just wondering if it's OK. The pedal is working and I didn't use a matched
pair of AC128's.

(I built a similar NPN version with silicon transistors and that one I could
adjust to 4.5V).

B Tremblay

Could you post all your pin voltages for Q1 and Q2?
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

bwanasonic

Quote from: MannI built a GGG Boutique Fuzz Face PNP version with AC128 transistors
and measured the voltage at Q2's collector and tried to adjust it with
the trimmer but never could get below 5 V (Q1 was ok).
Just wondering if it's OK. The pedal is working and I didn't use a matched

Don't get too hung up on the 4.5 volts thing. Does it sound OK? Then it is OK! :D  I run my Ge FF at closer to 6v. The "stock" 4.5 is a guideline, and I try to have enough latitude to adjust both above and below that. Many people just use their ears for adjustments. I don't imagine that last .5v is going to make a huge difference if the unit already seems to be operating properly.

Kerry M

Tychobrahe1979

I also built the boutique FF from GGG and I could not honestly tell any difference when I adjusted the trim pot at all. I used matched AC128's.

gdmart

im doing a pnp pos ground version of the boutique fuzz with a 3pdt switch, led,and dc jack and battery.If one of you who has completed this project could lend a hand Id be pleased.
Id like a drawing of the off board wiring  to make things easier on older eyes. Im having problems converting the dpdt to 3pdt drawings already posted from jdsleep. It would be better if I could just see the whole thing under the magnifier all on 1 page  thanks

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

gdmart

Ive seen the ones on g.g.g. and they all great in off them selves, if i didnt have to wire any pots in that would be great, but throw in 4 pots I just dont get it yet,thats why I need a wiring diagrahm of the off board wiring for this exact pedal  I just need to see the whole thing ,on board and off board on 1 page  thanks