EH Frequency analyzer schematic?

Started by slotbot, September 17, 2004, 12:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slotbot

Does anybody have the schematic for the EH frequency analyzer? Or another GOOD ring modulator? Ive built Johns Frobnobicator and it is ok for how simple a build it was. But i would like to try a different one aswell. (specifically the EH frequency analyzer, but im open to suggestions)

THANKS

Mike Burgundy

Amrose Chapel's Stoned Tone site used to have it, but unfortunately they have disappeared. The waybackmachine came to our rescue though.
Either find it through wayback (google for it) and use    http://users.2z.net/stonedtone/
or drop me a pm and I can mail it to you.

Thomas P.

Maybe you could try the Maestro Ringmodulator over at GGG.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light

Marcos - Munky

Thomas P.

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyI have it. Send a e-mail to me.

I would be interested in a schematic of the FA too :wink:
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Marcos - Munky

Thomas P.

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyHey Tom, check your e-mail.

Thanks!!! By the way - I sent you a mail from my new account...make sure to delete the old one since I don't really know for how long I'll have access to it.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

swt

is that schem the one with the ad633?. I have a schem but it's got a rare ic. If it's the one with the id, i would like to have it too. Thanks!

Thomas P.

Quote from: swtis that schem the one with the ad633?. I have a schem but it's got a rare ic. If it's the one with the id, i would like to have it too. Thanks!

It says AD533 - but it could be a mistake?! What IC do you mean to be rare? The ICL8038?
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

travissk

Hi everyone,

I used the wayback machine (extremely useful at times - http://web.archive.org) and pulled up the schematic. Here's part numbers from the version I have. It's pretty simple, and if anyone thinks they can build it, I can send the schematic or put it up somewhere.

There might be a newer version with easier to find parts. I just found out that this is actually still in production (maybe a reissue?). I don't know much about it, but EH stuff is really cool in general :). Here's the IC list:

-SG4501N voltage regulator. +/- 15V as far as I can tell; if this chip is out of production you can get by without it.
-ICL8038CCPD - frequency generator. Has support for triangle+sine wave, with pot controls for Shift (and fine shift).
-Our friends the 741 and 4558
-OP275 is written out to the side
AD533JH Balance Modulator - this one is marked as obsolete on analog's site. Looks like this is the most important part. A google search revealed the 633 might be a replacement, but it has 8 pins instead of 10. Perhaps a replacement is available.

I could have just uploaded it in the time it took me to write this up :). It's available via the wayback machine if anyone needs it immediately, again http://web.archive.org

Thomas P.

OK - here the schems! The first one is the original and the second one is a modded one which uses (the really cheap) MC1496. I didn't do the mod so I can't say if it works - we have to find out the hard way, I guess :wink:

god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

travissk

Those are quite different from the old one, which did indeed use an AD533.

mikeb

Thanks for posting those - the schematic I have is a hand-drawn EH one (the earlier version using the unobtainium IC).

Mike

Marcos - Munky

I believe that the schematic that you have is the one that was posted in Stoned Tone.

dr

....the one on stoned tone is exactly the schematic for my old AC powered EH Frequency Analyzer......I had to replace my SG4501 regulator chip with one of each TO-220 style +15 and -15 regulators....it sounds just as rude as it always did!.......

mikeb

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyI believe that the schematic that you have is the one that was posted in Stoned Tone.

Yep!

Mike

Dan N

I was going to trace a reissue, but got distracted. If anyone else wants to, here is the layout:

http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/ehfalay.gif

fab

Hi all
the Tomboy "japanese mod" EH Freq Analzer is OK.
But warning, the 1496H on the schematic is a metal can, for a dip (14 pins)
you have to replace pin 10=14 (V-), 8=10, 7=8, 9=12, pin 13,11,9,7 are not connected. The others pins are Ok.
I've changed the first 100k Trimpot for a 50K. With 100k I could not remove totally the wave signal when I stopped playing.

Fab