ESR catalogue through (for the UK lads/ladettes)

Started by gez, September 18, 2004, 06:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gez

I notice that ESR have finally started doing the 2.1 mm plastic chassis power sockets at only 44p (cheaper than Rapid).  For all I know they've been doing them for a while but the buggers don't put everything in their catalogue!  Order code is 069-342

They've also finally put their DPDT latching foot switches in there too.  Â£2.10, order code 212-021  

Best to check the codes in case I've got them wrong.

No idea if they've updated the on-line catalogue, but here's the link for it

www.esr.co.uk
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

gez

PS  They seem to have done away with their policy of charging postage for anything sent after the bulk of an order is shipped out due to it not being in stock at the time.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

MartyMart

Thanks for the Info gez !
Just ordered 20 2.1mm power sockets  :D

They have nice small 16mm pots @ 48p each too, with 1.4cm high serated shafts ready to fit and push the knobs on !
Cheers,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

gez

Quote from: MartyMartThey have nice small 16mm pots @ 48p each too, with 1.4cm high serated shafts ready to fit and push the knobs on !

Yeah, they're Alpha (the PCB ones, right?).  They're great if you use push knobs, but for grub-screw knobs the split shafts close together (and sometimes break if you overtighten) so the pot turns all wonky.  You can glue in a little bit of plastic card though, to fill the gap (or use epoxy filler- milliput would probably work well and is safe to use).

edit: I think it's called milliput, might be slightly out there...

MartyMart

They are standard "non" PCB Alpha's i think ?
I didn't think about the "screw on" "fulltone" type knobs oops !
I've fitted them to Boss pedal mods, for a "boutique" look, a'la Keeley, and have not had problems there, they have the same type of metal serated shafts, just dont over tighten them.
We'll see how it goes, i just got tired of squeezing 22mm pots into the small Hammond enclosures, its quite a tight fit for a "two knobber".... sorry that sounds well dodgy, but you know what i mean !!

Thanks again,
Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

gez

Quote from: MartyMartits quite a tight fit for a "two knobber".... sorry that sounds well dodgy, but you know what i mean !!

:D

The 16mm PCB pots from ESR are Alpha (I've got a ton of them)...well, they were when I last ordered them!

MartyMart

Are they good quality gez ?
The ones i've been using are more expensive ( 70p Citec's ) but feel shit when you move them, not at all like a "bought" pedal ie: Ibanez/Boss pots feel quite good and smooth.
Marty.

gez

Quote from: MartyMartAre they good quality gez ?
The ones i've been using are more expensive ( 70p Citec's ) but feel shit when you move them, not at all like a "bought" pedal ie: Ibanez/Boss pots feel quite good and smooth.
Marty.

I've started using those green polymer track Omeg pots recently as they have a real pro feel (like turning a hi-fi knob) and you can use them to mount PCBs (I recently posted something on this with a photo), but the Alpha pots are fine for general use.