|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 02:28:03 PM
964087 Posts in 102986 Topics by 32594 Members
Latest Member: mad tuber
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Building your own stompbox  |  "double" envelope follower? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "double" envelope follower?  (Read 720 times)
Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Paul P.

"double" envelope follower?
« on: September 18, 2004, 06:20:06 AM »

Thinking about those "wave multiplier" type circuits, wher you put a triangle wave in & hgalf way up it folds over, effectively doubling the frequency... well if you had the levels right & ran the output from an envelope follower in, then you could make an autowah that had an "unusual" behavior.
Maybe a knob to gradually bring it in, from 'normal' to 'double' (or more).
Jason Stout

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 08:39:12 AM »

I'm imagining the effect would sound like a "hiccup”, definitely different!

Jason Stout
StephenGiles

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 08:41:31 AM »

I have mucked about with irregular envelopes till the cows come home, and almost without exception auto wahs driven thusly sounded awful (to my ears) - but from a novelty point of view of course, anything goes and it would certainly sound flash in a guitar shop!
Stephen

If you don't go when you do want to go, then when you do go you'll find that you've gone.
Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Paul P.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 05:50:32 PM »

Well here's another angle, use the envelope to control the level of a LFO (at say 4Hz). Then the resulting LFO can control a wah or tremolo, so that the depth of the effect is modulated by signal intensity. That might be musical enough!
StephenGiles

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 11:41:21 AM »

Yes, I did that with my Frog filter + Rat, which was an adaptation of the Bi Filter Follower. The result was a magnificent Robin Trower sound.
Stephen

If you don't go when you do want to go, then when you do go you'll find that you've gone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: