HMP Light B.R.

Started by petemoore, September 18, 2004, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I built the HMP [Ricky Vances] about two weeks ago and have been trying it out.
  Yesterday I pulled the diodes [the ones that go to the pot], and stuck a Micro Amp [with a 5534] in front of it. then played for hours.
  The result was a very 'heavy and metallish muffy tone, very intense and nice high end sing, with deep bassy tone.
  Extremely gainy and low noise...very nice.
  Tone control work well to tune in the tone that works for the pedal with my rig.
 I have to say my rig's now gets the Metal Grind going better than ever !! I really like it!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

Cool! People could also put the diodes and pot on a switch. I've got to try that myself, probably increases the volume. One could also put a larger value pot there to further remove the diode to ground clipping.

RDV

petemoore

Yupp the controls work really good, and are quite active...fine tuning is the CRUNCCH a breeze. Has that complex/precise metal content...Very Thick Muffy Bass Dist, and tunable high end grind/sizzle.
 Does Heavy BMP type tones, also reminds me of how I used to set and use my Shredmaster.
 Gets a Heavy low note grind with attack penetration for transient 'slice' & recovery envelope...this is Super Fun to Play and listen to.
 Doesn't really sound much like any of my other pedals.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

I mostly use mine at home to practice through cause we don't play much actual metal in my band, so to set up the amp to really sound good with the HMP kinda screws up the sound for the other pedals. I still enjoy mine quite a bit though.

RDV