A new Zombie layout...

Started by Thomas P., September 19, 2004, 04:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas P.

...can be found here my site.
It features all the latest improvements and mods. Also I used a TL074 instead of two TL072's. If this is an improvment you'll have to decide yourself :wink:

(the site is still under construction, though)
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light

Aharon

Nice site!,did you get rid of the ticking with this layout?
Thanks
Aharon
Aharon

Thomas P.

Thanks!

The layout features a second bias network for the LFO which is concidered to avoid it.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Marcos - Munky

Cool!!! Thanks a lot. When you started your site? And which effect is the one in the main page?

Thomas P.

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyCool!!! Thanks a lot. When you started your site? And which effect is the one in the main page?

I'm glad you like it! I started the site a month ago. As I said before it is still under construction because I didn't have much time these days...
The picture on the main page is a distortion I've tried to design on my own but it never made it into an enclosure.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Marcos - Munky

Cool. How it sounds? I will add the link for your site in mine.

chumpito

Tomboy did you build your's from this layout.  
Also does anyone know of sound clips of this?  I found the ones on the old runoffgroove but don't like the sound of it at all.

Thomas P.

Quote from: chumpitoTomboy did you build your's from this layout.  
Also does anyone know of sound clips of this?  I found the ones on the old runoffgroove but don't like the sound of it at all.

I didn't build it from this particular layout but I checked it a few times and believe that it works. Anyway if you aren't sure you can use R.G.'s layout which definitly works.
I just listened to those soundclips and I have to tell you that they are not very representative.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

chumpito

Quote from: tomboyI just listened to those soundclips and I have to tell you that they are not very representative.
I was really hoping that :D .  I keep reading lush but that clip....
I was just asking about your layout because of ticking.  A certified tick-free Zombie layout with mods would've been a dream.  Well, I'll either build this and let you know or else add a stereo mod and make another board :wink: .
Thanks!

Thomas P.

Quote from: chumpito
I was just asking about your layout because of ticking.  A certified tick-free Zombie layout with mods would've been a dream.  Well, I'll either build this and let you know or else add a stereo mod and make another board :wink: .
Thanks!

A stereo mod would be really easy to add without changing the board :wink:
If you like to I scetch up something for you...
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Mark Hammer

Chorussing effect may be restricted to the mids and highs by inserting a cap in the range of 33nf to 47nf between pin 1 of IC1A and R10.  Easy enough to stcik the cap in and use a SPST toggle to shunt the cap and restore full delay bandwidth.

You don't lose bass with this because bass comes through in the clean signal.  You just keep the chorus out of the low end for something that is less in your face.

All in all a nice effort.  A real "full-featured" chorus with plenty of tricks up its sleeve.  Oughta make the guy who shows up with a CE-2 in his pedalboard a little jealous.

Thomas P.

Quote from: Mark HammerChorussing effect may be restricted to the mids and highs by inserting a cap in the range of 33nf to 47nf between pin 1 of IC1A and R10.  Easy enough to stcik the cap in and use a SPST toggle to shunt the cap and restore full delay bandwidth.

You don't lose bass with this because bass comes through in the clean signal.  You just keep the chorus out of the low end for something that is less in your face.

All in all a nice effort.  A real "full-featured" chorus with plenty of tricks up its sleeve.  Oughta make the guy who shows up with a CE-2 in his pedalboard a little jealous.

Did I hear someone say "another mod"??? :wink:
Thanks very much Mark!
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

chumpito

Quote from: tomboy
A stereo mod would be really easy to add without changing the board :wink:
If you like to I scetch up something for you...

:shock: Well if you insist :D

Quote from: Mark Hammer
You don't lose bass with this because bass comes through in the clean signal.
That is also excellent, as have just started to pick up the bass in the last 2 weeks!

Thomas P.

Here's what a stereo setup could look like.

I just swaped the mix pot and made two outputs: one dry and one wet.
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Gilles C

Nice start with your site and projects.

And nice pictures too. Well, nice pictures of nice boxes, that is...

I noticed that you too are into Blues.  :P Cool!  8)

It will be a nice addition to this forum that already have a few Bluesmen... and a lot of Rockers...  :wink:

QuoteI started the site a month ago. As I said before it is still under construction because I didn't have much time these days...

Welcome in this busy world! I have the same problem with my site which I can't seem to be able to update fast enough.  :(

Gilles

Thomas P.

Quote from: Gilles CNice start with your site and projects.

And nice pictures too. Well, nice pictures of nice boxes, that is...

I noticed that you too are into Blues.  :P Cool!  8)

It will be a nice addition to this forum that already have a few Bluesmen... and a lot of Rockers...  :wink:

QuoteI started the site a month ago. As I said before it is still under construction because I didn't have much time these days...

Welcome in this busy world! I have the same problem with my site which I can't seem to be able to update fast enough.  :(

Gilles

Thanks very much!!!

So you're into blues? Now what is your favorite album?
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j

Aharon

Quote from: tomboy
Quote from: chumpito
Thanks!

The old runoffgroove sample could be the one I recorded when I first built the Zombie,not good at all(the playing and the effect)I could never make the Zombie work properly and the ticking drove me nuts.I was never patient to record a sample showing the whole range of the pedal,it was more like ok,plug it into the soundcard and go!
If this layout is tick free it would be an amazing step forward.
Now maybe you can tackle the Ultraflanger........(LOL) :wink:
Aharon
Aharon

Thomas P.

Well as Mark said in another thread the Ultraflanger is another story since it is designed to have an asymetric bias voltage for the LFO (at lesat it seems so).
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j