Weber has those DC jacks everyone wants!

Started by RDV, September 21, 2004, 08:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

$1.00 each plus shipping(a lot of shipping), but it's the ones that screw on from the outside.

RDV

ExpAnonColin

RDV

https://weberspeakerscom.secure.powweb.com/store/miscord.htm
About half-way down. I just ordered some, and didn't know that was what they would be. Just in time for my power supply I'm gonna build someday when I've got some time off. I work all the time now.

RDV

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

RDV

You can see them in the pic at the top of the page, and I have some that I ordered. I don't know that they are that brand but they look just like them. He should give me some free cause of the avalanche this will cause.

RDV

Fret Wire

Maybe, but I got a large quantity in a week ago. I had a run made for me, it took three months. I haven't posted them for sale yet, because I'm trying to decide if I should get washers to include with them. Mine are the SDC-522 that Wizard uses on his nice boxes.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

RDV

Congratulations.

These just have the body & outside nut.

RDV

Fret Wire

This time of year I normally get involved with other projects, so I wasn't in a big rush. I'll have no problem getting rid of them. I just like to do things right, or not at all.

I was thinking about including washers so they wouldn't scratch anybody's paint work installing/uninstalling them. Every pot, jack, and switch should have this if it attaches from the outside. Personally, I put too much labor into my finishes to have them marred by nut gouges.

I've also been toying with including plastic washers for the inside, so whoever gets them has the option of spacing the jack inward so it doesn't pertrude out so much.

I should have them out soon, at probably the same price with much cheaper shipping.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

RDV

That's cool, they do need a plastic washer on a painted box, or a plastic nut at least. Weber gouges but good for shipping on small orders, but I'm fishing for suppliers and have been trying everyone out. You'll get some orders from me too. I'm not sure this isn't a knock-off of those jacks, I was gonna scan one for everybody but my scanner seems to have been invaded by some of this savage spyware I've been blessed with lately, so I'm downloading a new driver as we speak. I'll scan and post some pics if I can get it working 2nite.

RDV

Fret Wire

http://www.shokaifareast.com/Products/Connectors/DC%20Power%20Jacks/sdc-522.htm

Sorry for the bad pics, that was a quickie. I was thinking plated metal washers (looks good) for the outside, since they won't turn, just the nut. And plastic washers for the inside, since they'd only be for spacers if you wanted to move the jack inward.

I originally ordered these only because I hate the regular kind so bad because you can't solder them until they're installed. When these are gone, I may do another order.

When you think about it, pots and input/output jacks should all come with toothed star washers on the inside to make sure they don't loosen. When they do loosen, it usually pulls a wire loose when it turns. Things like that piss me off. Aron's 3PDT's come with lock washers though. Leave it to us pee-on's to include the proper hardware.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

RDV

The weber stuff. I finally got my printer/scanner/copier reinstalled. I wish I'd known, I wouldn't have ordered these, but I only got 5 so you'll definitely hear from me!

RDV

Fret Wire

No problem, I've got 1000. I'll also have some bright clear green LED's (5mm), and glass case 1N270 Ge's real cheap. I hate constantly ordering components, so when I find a large quantity, I grab em'. Time to thin out the stock, so to speak.

I'm glad I'll be slowing down this fall. When you have someone manufacture you jacks because you don't like the popular model, it's time to mellow out. Last week I was thinking about wah enclosures. :roll:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

MartyMart

Hi Guys,
I just bought a couple of dozen, which have a small "neck" on the outside and the thread/plastic screw on the inside.
They are a 12mm hole size, whats the difference/benefit of an outside screw ?
Is it more space in the box ?  as these seem to look "neat"

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

puretube

1.you don`t have to desolder the wires, when taking box apart...
2. you can solder the wires on, before mounting into box...

moritz

Quote from: MartyMartHi Guys,
I just bought a couple of dozen, which have a small "neck" on the outside and the thread/plastic screw on the inside.
They are a 12mm hole size, whats the difference/benefit of an outside screw ?
Is it more space in the box ?  as these seem to look "neat"

Marty. 8)

Marty,
The advantage to having the threaded screw on the outside is that you can wire up the guts of your pedal to the jack and then install the entire thing in your enclosure (ie: from the inside of the enclosure). With the "nut on the inside" jacks which you were talking about, you have to install the jacks first and then solder the connective wires to the lugs later.

Personally, i agree with you though... i think this type looks neat.

MartyMart

DUH  !! ( use Homer simpson voice here! )

Yes of course, makes it the same as Jacks/DPDT switch/Pots . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .bummer :cry:

I'd better not need to "fiddle" ( "adjust" in tech terms ) with the circuit after fitting it then.

But it does look "Trick"  i have to say  :)

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

cd

I prefer the "protude out style".  It's even MORE trick if you use a little screw on cover for it, so you can market "keeps out liquids and other crap" from polluting the DC jack.

siaoguitar

Hi, back here in Singapore, i can't find this weber type dc jack, i can find 2.1mm jacks, but i don't think it is batt-eliminating type(auto batt cut-off),
so can i by-wire together with my battery snap to my pedal pcbs?

RDV

Quote from: siaoguitarHi, back here in Singapore, i can't find this weber type dc jack, i can find 2.1mm jacks, but i don't think it is batt-eliminating type(auto batt cut-off),
so can i by-wire together with my battery snap to my pedal pcbs?
Only two solder tabs?
A good way to do that is to use a battery snap to wire a jack in. Then you can unsnap it and put a battery in there if need be.

RDV

siaoguitar