Need help... Does ANYONE have a BOSS DS-2 ?!?!?

Started by otokomae, September 21, 2004, 11:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otokomae

I'm having a really tough time with a BOSS DS-2 right now, and there's one thing I can't figure out from the schematic.  I'm hoping that maybe someone on this forum might own one, because what I really need is for someone to just open one up and tell me where Wire #14 goes (it's the yellow wire that comes off the board at a point maked "14").  I have it connected to the board at the right place, but I don't know where it goes from there and can't figure it out!  Does it go to a terminal on the INPUT jack?  If so, which one?  If anybody can open one of these pedals and just look at it for me, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it.  Thanks!!!

fatoldsun

i posted this on harmony central for you. i know there are a few guys who have ds2's who will look. i'll let you know.

fatoldsun

no responses yet. is there anything that appears to be missing? is there a pot with any lugs empty? it looks like the ds1 uses a yellow wire to one of the pots.

niftydog

I think we've sorted the problem, check out this thread.

Would still be good to have some confirmation of the "original" location of wire 14.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

nooneknows

I gave mine to a friend of mine, it will be back next week, if I won't write to you (I have such a bad memory), send me a private message to wake me up.
bye